PH after adding nutes

trapgodd

After adding nutrients with my gas station bottled distilled water I get a low pH of 4.8 is this normal,I rarely use pH up ? When I use my tap water which is really soft it usually comes to 6.4 I always add a drop or two of pH down and it levels to 6.0

My nutrients always raise the PH, what is the PH of the water before nutes? My 5 gal water cooler type filtered water runs around 5-5.5 range whereas my tap water closer to a 6.6-6.8 area (I don't use the tap water, or as of yet anyway).

My nutrients always raise the PH, what is the PH of the water before nutes? My 5 gal water cooler type filtered water runs around 5-5.5 range whereas my tap water closer to a 6.6-6.8 area (I don't use the tap water, or as of yet anyway).
Tbh I did not check the pH be for hand on this jug but previous time be for it was upper 6s I dont know why it would be dropping pH that much .
Right now I'm running this

Cal mag 1 -2 ml/gal
Micro 5,ml
Grow 5 ml
Bloom 2.5ml
Hydro guard 2ml/gal
Rapid start rood enhancer 1.8ml gal
Usually a drop of either pH up or down to get to 6.0
@1000 ppm

Have you checked your PH gauge? I could be wrong as don't know any other nutrients except what I use, but they all raise the PH either slightly or a lot depending on what it is, but maybe that just the GO ones I use.

Im having brown spots starting to form, says it might be a mag def. but I use cal-mag. SO, I just found out, your supposed to adjust your water BEFORE adding nutes, because adding PH up or down, messes up the chemistry of the molecules doing it after the nutes. because the nutes change the structure, then adding afterwards, look for Everett on utube. he explains it, the fast talking dude, lol..

Im having brown spots starting to form, says it might be a mag def. but I use cal-mag. SO, I just found out, your supposed to adjust your water BEFORE adding nutes, because adding PH up or down, messes up the chemistry of the molecules doing it after the nutes. because the nutes change the structure, then adding afterwards, look for Everett on utube. he explains it, the fast talking dude, lol..
I dont pH my water befor nutrients . I do it after i believe a lot of crap on YouTube is people who do not know what they are doing . I trust many peoples opinion but who ever told u to pH be for I want to believe was wrong

Also use cal mag first be for u use nutrients or other additive . pH last if ur leaves are curling down towards your fan and u have small randomn brown spots appearing on leaves it could be same is sure
420-magazine-mobile1898363942.jpg

I found this shortly after I didn't see any other signs of deficiency effecting plant . all signs point to this because only fab leaves towards fab claw down and had a brown spot on it

yeah, That fast talking Everett dude on Utube, i guess he is a scientist of sorts. cal-mag is the first thing i add also, seen that somewhere too, LEDRF i think it was. But Everett broke it down too, so even if you didnt have a PH pen, you should be able to figure out how much up or down you need prior to adding anything. He broke it down by molecular values and BLAHHHHHHHH BLAHHHHHHH BLAHHHHHHHHHH

lol... Ill watch it again most likely and figure the number thing out.

PH is a pain in the ass for me. I think my PH pen is jacked. Works when it wants to it seems, and when it works, its still probably wrong. I check PH of RO water that I know is 6.5 before every feeding. Sometimes it says 7.4 or 6.9 or 6.5 ( 6.5 is the correct PH of the water I use ) So, when I check the clean water, 6.5, I check my res and it says 6.5, when yesterday it was 5.8..

Im about to switch to AN auto PH, cant take this FF sht anymore. Been a pain in the ass since i started with this stuff.

How the heck does the PH change so much, just sitting there with an air-stone? always seems to swing .5 everyday, sooooo tired of it.

PH is a pain in the ass for me. I think my PH pen is jacked. Works when it wants to it seems, and when it works, its still probably wrong. I check PH of RO water that I know is 6.5 before every feeding. Sometimes it says 7.4 or 6.9 or 6.5 ( 6.5 is the correct PH of the water I use ) So, when I check the clean water, 6.5, I check my res and it says 6.5, when yesterday it was 5.8..

Im about to switch to AN auto PH, cant take this FF sht anymore. Been a pain in the ass since i started with this stuff.

How the heck does the PH change so much, just sitting there with an air-stone? always seems to swing .5 everyday, sooooo tired of it.
What are u growing in ?
Also think of it like this . your water is alkili your nutes are acidic the more you want your plant drinking as much as water as nutrients if it drink more of the other the pH swings. If its not eating your pH will drop. Air stones add pH .
So you may have too many ppm now if you water is lower your solution becomes more concentrated and thus makes for a lower pH. Val mag is the buffer you need because ro water is very soft. So pH in soft water means it controls the pH a lot . the harder your water the less the pH actually swing. You should have a minimum of 125 to 200 ppm of cal mag to your solution be for adding your nutrients if it swings that much . and what meter do u have ?

Hey Trapgodd, man, I use RO water, I use Coco, I use that shtty Yellow $13 PH pen, BWHAHA, i know man,.. I have to turn this mother out on the cheap side, and it alll added up like super fast, and then I hear allll about it, if you know what I mean,.. Heck, my light is only 65w for my 4000k spectrume remodded mars300. ( Changed diodes to 4000k, and half the light works) and another mars300, with lens i added, but keep it 40inches off the tomatoes. )

WTH, more????!!! Ugggg,.

I use Cal-mag, and it says 1tb per gallon. I did see GrateFullgrower saying he gets his ppms up to 150 i think it was, then adds nutes, and I did that the first time, but it was 3x the dose the bottle said. So i went to the label instructions. Yeah, I use the air-stone, and my PPMs right now are 1100. In 19 days from seed, but it needed more food, so i stepped up 1 week on the chart. and now, i think it still needs more. I think im having cal-mag def, so Im going to throw another 15ml in to see if it makes a difference. they are thriving, but like i said, something is wrong. I have a manual PH tester, but since it doesnt read out in digital, Im lost. LOL, joke, joke..

I got AN PH perfect trio on the way, so it wont be an issue now. BUT, thats is days away, and I want to transplant into something bigger today. Rinsing Coco right now actually.

What U think man..?

19 days from seed. They are lime green again on new growth, thats why i raised the PPms like 4 days ago, i think it was. FoxFarm is great, but the PH issue im having is so maddening. These are 39oz plastic cups buy the way, and 1 solo cup. You see the bigger ones Im keeping, and the tiny ones were just a bit smaller, so these are experimental. I cut all fan leaves off, and it showed mad growth since 12 hours. These were topped 1 time, all but the solo cup one.

sat1.png

sat2.png

sat4.png

sat3.png

I haven't forgot about u I do HVAC so I'm working this weekend but i will defiantly write back on this as soon as I catch a break

NP brother,

I just checked my PH, its 6.8-- added 15 drops of PH down, 6.3, added 10 more drops, 6.3, LOL, added 10 more drops, 6.8 WTH

Soooo glad im done with this sht.

So, Im transplanting today, just finished rinse coco, and letting chlorine air out for a few hours. Had to use tap water for rinse, PPM 130 run off 135.

SO, Im going to make a new batch of res. Going to use this as a flush I guess. till Tuesday, So, just cal-mag? some bllom or what you think or anyone for that matter, lol..

Man so much to tell. Textingvsucks
So I use hydro u do soil . I am not they guy for soil . but ad far as pH as many drops as u did ur stuff is wrong. Your meters are no good. Or your are not allowing nutes to mix with pH and settle . something. But seems you need to restart . I ran my plant up in 800, ppm last week . abbd they loved it. I would do 600 to 800 if thats what u wanna risk on your plant. But I teaspoon is 5 ml .
So I recommend using half strength of your regiment because u have deficiencies usually I back off bites and correct the pH and it cones back right . but cal mag first . then micro then grow then bloom then. I add hydro guard and rapid start root enhancer . then after all that I pH in small increments to get to my desired pH which is 6.0 on hydro and I let it sit 15-20 min in between each few drops and stir then walk away come back and check . I run 5.8 let it drift to upper sixes then re adjust with PhD water to get resivour up . now i hope u wash each nutirant off the dropper and out of it be for dipping your tools into each container yo u will cause problems with nutrients

Man, I hydro to, in coco. its the same. I do rinse before, and I did let it sit and settle for 1 hour, then checked. it was the same before the rest time. Yeah, i meant teaspoon,

Back
Top Bottom