Creating seeds and retaining genetic strength

heywally

Hi - I have a small medical (no, really) cannabis grow in my closet and want to pollinate and create my own seeds from a high-THC Indica strain, to be mixed (after harvest) with another high CBD strain.

Assuming that my Indica strain is (mostly) genetically stable and that my grow conditions are less than optimal (mid-range LED lights and 1 gallon pots (experimenting with), will I be able to (assuming that the females are pollinated at an optimal time) create seeds that will have the full healthy genetic fingerprint of the parents, as compared to say, seeds created under "better" lights (or outdoors) and grown in larger pots (better grow conditions) ???

In other words, are the grow conditions a big factor in how "well" the seeds (and subsequent grows from them) turn out? Any input appreciated ..... thanks.

I breed my seeds in a 2 x 2 x 4 tent there is multiple different ways to breed your seeds without losing your genetics and even sometimes stabilizing the genetics depending on how bad the genetics are and how quick the tendency is to hermaphrodite there are a lot of different options and I can walk you through many of them depending on your knowledge of breeding would be the choice of finding out what would be the best way for you

Not so much, so long as both plants are healthy the seed growth on the plant will be a determining factor.

Thanks, kind of what I was thinking (and making sure I keep the plants going to full seed maturity), with my limited grow experience and understanding of genetics. That's why I figured I could get by with the 1 gallon pots for this mainly seed grow.

I breed my seeds in a 2 x 2 x 4 tent there is multiple different ways to breed your seeds without losing your genetics and even sometimes stabilizing the genetics depending on how bad the genetics are and how quick the tendency is to hermaphrodite there are a lot of different options and I can walk you through many of them depending on your knowledge of breeding would be the choice of finding out what would be the best way for you

Thanks. I have a limited knowledge of breeding/growing, have done mainly a few fluorescent grows in the old days. On seeds in general, do you think I need to let the seeded plant go until the seeds are actually popping out of the pods or, is it okay to pluck them as soon as they get to the dark and hard point?

You can pick each one as you find them right if you want to or you can wait until they are fully ripe with the buds but the reason it does not really matter is they are always in multiple stages you'll get some white green you'll get your normal tan and brown marble ones and then sometimes you'll even get black ones depending on when they fertilize and how long they were there so basically it's when do you think you are going to get the most ripe seeds and it's hard for me to tell you without looking at the plant itself and ask for experience with growing breathing is so easy I have taught people how to do it on their first plants that they've ever grown to harvest it's all just patience and there's multiple different ways to make the seeds different kinds of seeds you can make and you can even make autos just to make this easier I run a dispensary in New Mexico I do a lot of breeding

Back
Top Bottom