New grower - All advice will help

420-magazine-mobile1298162667.jpg

Give her some cal mag go to home depot grab a led flood bulb that will fit in a reptile ballast that should help dry soil and the cal mag might help that minor defiancy

The plant looks "ok" but looks like it needs more light to be really happy. How many watts?
Also how big is your pot? It could be root bound (check the bottom of the pot to see if you see many roots poking out and if you do, you might want to repot). Is your soil still really damp? (cannot tell from the photo). The droopiness looks to be from over-watering (if plant is not root bound). Let the pot dry until you feel no mositure when you put your finger in up to the second joint. Many soil growers like to leave the pot to almost complete dry out before watering. Apart from one damged leaf (which could be several things but I wouldn't worry about one leaf), I can't really see cal mag deficiency. Adding a bit of cal mag won't do it any harm anyway.
If you want to put this plant into flower, you will need to first get her to bounce back (repotting/more light /letting her dry out), then you will need a lot more light for the flowering phase. Some of this light should be in the red / far red spectrum so if you are using CFLs you will want to add a warm white and not the cool white (my preference is LEDs).

No, black lights won't help you with growing. About your original question: You requested help, yet when asked for more details you don't give any useful info so we can help you...

I listened to you what you said.. Dropped my light globe and it broke is 18 watt cfl any good? Plant isn't over watered.. I water about once a week

You could but to flower I would not use less than 150 watts to get any sort of decent harvest. The minimum I grow with is 250 watts which is not a lot - look at other grow journals and you will see what others are using. Invest in an HPS light or LED if you want good results.

The plant looks "ok" but looks like it needs more light to be really happy. How many watts?
Also how big is your pot? It could be root bound (check the bottom of the pot to see if you see many roots poking out and if you do, you might want to repot). Is your soil still really damp? (cannot tell from the photo). The droopiness looks to be from over-watering (if plant is not root bound). Let the pot dry until you feel no mositure when you put your finger in up to the second joint. Many soil growers like to leave the pot to almost complete dry out before watering. Apart from one damged leaf (which could be several things but I wouldn't worry about one leaf), I can't really see cal mag deficiency. Adding a bit of cal mag won't do it any harm anyway.
If you want to put this plant into flower, you will need to first get her to bounce back (repotting/more light /letting her dry out), then you will need a lot more light for the flowering phase. Some of this light should be in the red / far red spectrum so if you are using CFLs you will want to add a warm white and not the cool white (my preference is LEDs).

SNAP ... Lol I was thinking by the look of the pic she's either root bound or over watered, and even now if she ain't root bound in the pot she's currently in she will defo be root bound the the time she gets into the flowering stage. Again I also don't see a cal mag deficiency but as SLHLover said it won't harm to use a little any way, in regards to flowering a plant you have spent 2months vegging why not just repot her into a bigger pot and get a cheap hps to flower her to maximise your 2 months of hard work ? Or even go with LEDs as suggested by SLHLOVER.

You are better off getting an HPS light or LED rather than this type of light bulb. Not only do you need enough watts (250w would be my minimum for flowering), but the light has to be in the correct spectrum. Don't waste your time or money - get a proper growing light and not a general purpose one.

You could flower with warm white CFLs but youll need to keep them 2 inches from buds and will have to constantly move them as the plant grows. DONT BOTHER. GET YOURSELF A CHEAP 250W !!

I recomend nothing and try allot id say go to amazon get a 1500 watt led and try to get it in a 4x4 area with some ventilation it will work great

I used that same 130w bulb my first grow then added another one 2700k for flower and got good results out of it for one plant.I still use cfl for veg but now have 450w of cfl's then have 500w actual led power for flower and get close to 1gpw on every grow in a 2x5 closet space.led's and hps lights are great but still cheapest to start is cfl's Imo.

Back
Top Bottom