Should I limit my grow?

Herbshuttles

How much (plants/wattage) would you limit a grow in an illegal state and what precautions/tips would you have for this?
Obviously I want to remain inconspicuous and at the same time reap maximum yield. Appreciate your answers !!!

P.s. Growing for profit and personal

Best advice in an illegal state and with Jeff Sessions trying to take us back to the dark ages might be 0 plants / 0 wattage, you know?
Or "Talk to a lawyer"? Is there a trigger point in your state at which sentencing typically gets dramatically worse?
Or "Just grow one or two plants" because that sounds better in court, but grow the hell out of those plants (maximum hydro maximum light).
And honor the fundamentals: No smell, no tell, etc. etc.

Be careful out there, Herbie...

Haha yeah of course 0 would be the safest bet. It's a tough decision because all I need is one or two hefty harvests to uproot and move to a legal state. One or two plants just feels like nothing.

Maybe multiple small harvests? A bigger auto strain that gets 24/0 light in a great hydroponic environment can make a lot of bud in just 11 weeks...

Hmmmm sounds tempting it's just I heard negative things about auto quality. How much is a lot? And are you worried the more plants i use the more wattage I'd use leading to me being caught? Or are you just worried that if I get caught the penalties would be steep?

I'm thinking of when they read the charges in court and they say, "He was caught growing two plants" that sounds a lot better than "20," but you make a good point. Keeping your electrical footprint down is another very real issue to think about, no? Even just a kilowatt cycling on every 12 hours is a definite electrical signature...

When I say "a lot," I mean only that so far as I've experienced (and what I've read), dialed-in hydroponics gives the best yield.

And I really like being able to supply light to an auto 24 hours a day instead of just 12...

But yeah, you gots to have the quality too...

Yeah I figured. I mean in my current situation no matter what amount, I'd be screwed if I were to be found. That being said , I'm not as worried about the aftermath as I am as just preventing being discovered. If I can be undetected I'm happy. And yeah electric footprint is def big issue to think about but I have somewhat worked around it. LED's and the spot I have is for growing not living. Therefore all of my electricity expenses will be grow related. Was thinking about getting office space too cause offices have higher average for electricity spending but at the same time they also have landlords around more and other tenants right there. Probably will stick with an apartment or something. Def not my ideal situation man but if I can do this long enough to get investment money to move, then I can be safe and legal. I really can't wait for those days to come.

Well someplace that you don't own because they can seize your property in a bust.
Then someplace where the landlord stays away.
I have thought about running a generator in the basement and piping the exhaust up the chimney, but that's pretty extreme.
I guess electrical usage at an industrial rental would gather the least notice.
You really need to have someone on premises all the time, though.
This is all just daydream stuff for me off course. I laughed when I signed the petition to legalize thinking, "Yeah, like THAT'S going to happen." And then it did! :)

Yes I thought about generators as well! I wanted to see if there was any quiet generators (probably too much to ask for). I originally heard that one 5 ft plant could yield a pound so I was planning in regards to that and now I'm hearing that yield depends on wattage and at most you can get is one gram per watt which is rough man. Definitely makes that generator sound like an amazing idea.

Maybe industrial is the way to go, so long as the landlord isn't nosey and privacy is good. Also might make using a generator easier as well.

More like 2-3 harvests a year. Basically have it going on stop. And yeah exactly. It's sole purpose for rent would be to grow. And I would rarely sleep there, if I did at all. I would just be there about everyday tending to the plants and watching over them

Yes I thought about generators as well! I wanted to see if there was any quiet generators (probably too much to ask for). I originally heard that one 5 ft plant could yield a pound so I was planning in regards to that and now I'm hearing that yield depends on wattage and at most you can get is one gram per watt which is rough man. Definitely makes that generator sound like an amazing idea.

Little 1000-watt Honda generators are high quality and very quiet but they're not cheap. I don't know how loud their bigger gennies are.

Yes, lots of light, but let me plug hydroponics again. One hears the phrase "out of control" growth. I was really impressed by the results I got with simple DWC. (Managing pH was a pain, though. Next time I'd go with Advanced Nutrients' "pH Perfect" nutes.

I was going to set up soil but I heard hydroponics gets a bigger yield. Decisions decisions. All of this definitely makes me wonder how people who flaunt their massive grow rooms with hundreds of plants get away with it. Even if they're acting legally, I wouldn't even know where to begin trying to get a permit for grows that large. The most I seen was Maine which allows like 12-20 plants or something and even that is starting to seem like nothing in regards to yield.

And as far as the generator; it runs on gas correct? Which means it could potentially be just as costly if not more? But then again it would be stealthier. And help me grasp this. Rated Watts is what it takes to run. So Does that mean that I could get as much electricity as I want and only get charged for the rated watts ? Cause if so I think generators are worth it. Your bill will show 1.6 kw per Hour (1,600 watt generator) but you could potentially be running 6,000 watt lights undetected. Correct me if I'm wrong .

just remember growing on a big scale in an illegal state can have its down falls like getting put in jail for a very long time which is not worth it at all!

most members on here do it for health reasons and not for PROFIT.

electricity is to be paid for and believe me led costs around the same for hps as iv been told allot on this forum.

as for 5ft plants yielding a pound, i no growers who can yield a pound from 1 plant under a scrog with limited space, its all how experienced you are at growing, believe me the amount of effort that go's into creating the right enviroment can be hard and not just that but expensive!

your talking a huge scale going industrial, if you were going led, your looking at least $600-1000 per led light which only covers 4x4ft then you have ventilation to think about, filters, co2 intakes if its enclosed, nutrients i would not even like to think how much would cost, then if your on a water meter that will be a few $1000 each grow, to reap max yield you have to consider all this and more.

good luck.

Of course, like I said this is just temporary. As soon as I have the money to relocate I will. I don't like the idea of the consequences, believe me. And yes I've heard of the scrog. I just thought that if you could grow the plant higher it wouldn't be an issue but I've also heard you could get more yield from a scrog than otherwise. I understand the concept of it so if that's the way to go I shouldn't have a problem with it. And true, industrial would be a lot. I'm thinking about a house and a generator honestly. That way I could get this one or two grows over with and be in a legal state and then grow modestly. For the people who do wish to grow for profit, I've read that it's tough and a saturated market in some of the legal states.

Back
Top Bottom