Save my secret strain! Please

Matthew2

Howdy all. Newbie me. OK then where to start. My first grow. I am 7-9 weeks in flowering (2 dif batches). My teacher who never comes around didn't mention that the clones we took needed to be in a different room or extended lighting (separated) in grow room. So now all my clones are dead or flowering.

Major heartbreak is this:

1. I saved seeds for a decade from the BEST I have ever smoked. I am 61. I first smoked in 1968 in Panama. Have lived many places and tried pretty much all smokes of all kinds. (Anyone remember Thai sticks and honey oil?) Over a decade and many pounds I got EIGHT seeds. My friend who made annual trips to procure for all of us has passed. Annually imported from a volcanos slope in Mexico......Is there hope for me to save the lineage of this wonderful, mind expanding, dang near psychedelic, cannabis? It is very close to an opiate. Same type effects. Wish I hadn't used um all. Live and learn...sigh

2. I was also not informed or taught about PH, different stages needing dif nutes, etc. etc. etc. Long story short buds were growing beautifully then hydro became dark and stopped. Research showed I needed adjust PH in hydro and flush well in soil and then start feed proper food. I was still giving them veg food too. The soil plant overnight got yellow leaves. Fluse and Fe fixed. Darlings started growing again nicely. Harvest will be in another week or two. Problem here is they have lost a LOT of their sweet earth, fruity aroma.....Sampled bud induced "thwackered" state but alas very blasé tasting. Is there anything I can do in this short time to recoup any lost flavor. I have 5 plants hydro, 1 plant soil of this strain and that's it.

3. I am disabled with limited physical capacity. So ergo limited funds. Severely. Have read there are soils that feeds, ph's, nutes, all by itself for entire grow. I am going to straight soil once hydros ripe. Is there an inexpensive way I can make soil myself? Key word is inexpensive.

All in all though I am feeling a bit proud, as I read that many before me have also.Looking forward to improving and refining.

Peace, Serenity, and Joy to all!

> mis spelled Please

;)

Hey M2 -- I remember Thai sticks! That has been a while.

I'm always asking people here at the FAQ page the same question: Can you please answer the questions at How to Ask for Grow Support?

Detailed info is really helpful.

The one thing I can say right now is to hang in there. Many grows hit rough spots, which can be daunting, but if you persist the weed will reward your loving attention!

:)

> mis spelled Please

;)

Hey M2 -- I remember Thai sticks! That has been a while.

I'm always asking people here at the FAQ page the same question: Can you please answer the questions at How to Ask for Grow Support?

Detailed info is really helpful.

The one thing I can say right now is to hang in there. Many grows hit rough spots, which can be daunting, but if you persist the weed will reward your loving attention!

I did not find quite what I was looking for re: immediate situation. Great resource moving forward, much to study. Thanks a ton

> I did not find quite what I was looking for re: immediate situation. Great resource moving forward, much to study. Thanks a ton

If you could answer the questions listed there here that would help give the information needed to help. Things like what kind of soil you're using exactly, what light, fertilizer etc. It's really hard to offer anything specific when you only know a little bit about the situation.

Ghost town and as explained mystery breed. Mine 100 indica. Ghost is hybrid, sure you know it. og kush with star dawg or something like that. 16 plants (medical limit in NM) flowering 7-9 weeks , started at dif times. Indoor with some soil some hydro. Hydro 5 gal. bukets with 4 gallon filled. Soil the same Unsure of next questions. No thermometer finger says water 65 degrees approx. ceramic pellets I think with basket/bucket/tubing/commercial pump/new air stones/tomato cages. Promix HP soil bit of extra vermiculite. 2 400 watt. 1 600 watt. MH & HPS (hps in now) Air cooled? Refrigerated air with good flow and fan. Carbon filter exhaust with thermostat if temp rises. Reflective hoods. Temperature range is 65-81 degrees. One time 62 and one time 91 ouch I fell asleep whilst they awoke. 30-60 on RH. PH -5.5-5.9 Remember I was way off most of this flowering on PH and wrong nute adding the HP GRO. Also note I was giving the GH Gro after it was supposed to be stopped. Went to just Micro/Bloom last week. Added Cali 5 days ago when 2 plants had leaves turning full yellow overnight. I used to landscape and we have CRAPPY clay and sand for soil. So I though FE, iron. I flushed both plant thoroughly and slowly over the course of several hours just in case problem was something else. Plants came back buds started growing again but the wonderful aroma is now maybe half of what it was. No pests! Thank God! Water needs change and I monitor daily. I do not soak soil to soggy and I don't water until heft of bucket is noticeably lighter. I don't over or underwater I believe. I water last thing b4 light out or 1st thing in morning so they are checked twice daily. All nutes GH (general hydroponics) brand. Gro/Micro/Bloom just started adding the GH CaliMagic and Bloom Booster and stopped adding the Gro. Room is 10 L x9 x8 H. Appreciate you! Old tech idiot..so no pics. I will try and get someone to take some.

Compost up your own soil -costs nothing.

To save the strain is easy , put the clones on 24 hr light schedule till they begin to reveg ,then if u want you can cut lights to 18 on 6 off and they will stay vegging.

They will revert back to veg in around 3 weeks.

Any q let me know .

At this point the only method left is re-vegging. Put them under a 24/7 lighting schedule and wait a few weeks later you have a confused plant trying to grow

Indeed. I just re-vegged a flowering clone of White Widow. Not because I had to or anything but because so many people following my journals asked questions about re-vegging.

Also make sure you give the clone(s) you want to re-vegg nitrogen (grow nutes) so it understands we want it to change :) Here's my re-vegged White widow in different stages:

Make sure to pick away the buds. They'll just rot otherwise. I see many people who don't do that and they're just fine. But it's a tiny risk and you want to save your genetics so carefully remove the buds like in the photo below
White_widow_clone.jpg

Then when re-vegging it is very confused for a long time - this is very hard on your plant
ww_revegg02.jpg

After about a month

After 6-8 weeks
VEGG_003.jpg

Here's how it looks when the plant re-discover what species it is:
zombie_01.jpg

zombie_02.jpg

Sorry I should have also added that the first new growth will look mutated and the revegged clones will have more branching .

Thank you all, and yes these Photos are awesome, real professional stuff. I feel honored. Ok then more questions of course....

1. Clones I have are not real healthy looking. I added some gro for aggressive veggies. I need healthy backup. Can I take lower branches of my fully flowering plant (this gal is fully loaded! I want her genes), remove buds, (would be much easier and better specimens if possible) do 24/7 revert nutes back to veg and expect success?

2. What is a mother plant? What is the purpose, How do I create one?

3. Is anyone here a grafter, I want to learn grafting from someone experienced if possible

4. With my size and lighting I need advice on layout and s. Reflective hoods, brilliant flat white paint (best reflective paint, DON'T GET GLOSSY, counter intuitive I know.l harvest every 30-60 days if possible. Again room 10x9 has 2 400watts 1 600 watt MH?HPS's
would like perpetual program with small harvest every 30-60 days. Not sure whats best for stagger, and placement of lights and tables. I'm old.....so I use tables....Just all around information and advice on being most productive, and production line/times

5. How do I figure out what this mysterious strain is? I have never seen plants grow this way. Like grapes in an arbor. Obvious this is there 1st trip indoors.

Thanks and blessings to all what is helping out this old grow virgin.

Peace!

Age, ignorance, physical limitations. I will try. So just save my organic garbage? Let it rot? I will google....

No one has addressed my aroma issue..Is it hopeless?

1. Yes - you can still take clones from your plant. You're in late flowering, so take several clones. There is a risk they won't make it. You will have to provide them with a perfect climate. Max 26 degrees C, 70% humidity, dome. Moist them once a day. It will take at least several weeks before you see any sign of rooting and then they'll need another 3-4 weeks to re-vegg.

2. A mother-plant is a plant you use solely for taking clones from. A healthy mother-plant can provide you with dousins of clones every 2-3 weeks

3. Never tried, but understand the theory behind it

4. I would google orca grow-film before I made up my mind

5. Not sure, but perhaps The phylos galaxy could be a place to begin? They do however only work with people in legal states/countries
The Phylos Galaxy

Thank you all, and yes these Photos are awesome, real professional stuff. I feel honored. Ok then more questions of course....

1. Clones I have are not real healthy looking. I added some gro for aggressive veggies. I need healthy backup. Can I take lower branches of my fully flowering plant (this gal is fully loaded! I want her genes), remove buds, (would be much easier and better specimens if possible) do 24/7 revert nutes back to veg and expect success?

2. What is a mother plant? What is the purpose, How do I create one?

3. Is anyone here a grafter, I want to learn grafting from someone experienced if possible

4. With my size and lighting I need advice on layout and s. Reflective hoods, brilliant flat white paint (best reflective paint, DON'T GET GLOSSY, counter intuitive I know.l harvest every 30-60 days if possible. Again room 10x9 has 2 400watts 1 600 watt MH?HPS's
would like perpetual program with small harvest every 30-60 days. Not sure whats best for stagger, and placement of lights and tables. I'm old.....so I use tables....Just all around information and advice on being most productive, and production line/times

5. How do I figure out what this mysterious strain is? I have never seen plants grow this way. Like grapes in an arbor. Obvious this is there 1st trip indoors.

Thanks and blessings to all what is helping out this old grow virgin.

Peace!

Compost up your own soil -costs nothing.

To save the strain is easy , put the clones on 24 hr light schedule till they begin to reveg ,then if u want you can cut lights to 18 on 6 off and they will stay vegging.

They will revert back to veg in around 3 weeks.

Any q let me know .

I have lots of additional questions. Posted, have some answers. need more.

The item no one has addressed is the loss of aroma on plants. At this stage is there ANYTHING I can do to try and get some of that wonderful smell back?

I do appreciate your assistance and when I am experienced I am looking forward to helping younger growers (that's almost everybody lol)

I had no idea it was this involved. Hell when I was landscaper just a little peat moss and water and viola....

Never tried this product, but have heard great things about it from fellow growers:

"[h=1]ABOUT TERPINATOR[/h]TERPINATOR® is a plant nutrient formulated with potassium and naturally occurring compounds. TERPINATOR® is designed to increase the concentration of terpenoids in aromatic plant oils.

Terpenoids are responsible for the aromatics and flavors found in essential plant oils. TERPINATOR® maximizes a plant's ability to produce terpenoids. TERPINATOR® accomplishes this by promoting the natural enlargement of the plant's plant-oil producing resin glands while also increasing the number of gland site

Home - terpinator.com

I have lots of additional questions. Posted, have some answers. need more.

The item no one has addressed is the loss of aroma on plants. At this stage is there ANYTHING I can do to try and get some of that wonderful smell back?

I do appreciate your assistance and when I am experienced I am looking forward to helping younger growers (that's almost everybody lol)

I had no idea it was this involved. Hell when I was landscaper just a little peat moss and water and viola....

When the plant you want to keep is done flowering ,reveg that plant ,now its going to be your mother plant to take clones from.

Harvest 90% of the plant ,make sure some leaves are left and put it on 24 on light schedule.

Aroma and taste .get some unsulphered blackstrap molasses.

You have 1 x600 and 2 x 400 w lights

To maximise your yield look into vertical growing .
You could have a veg room on 1 x400 and have a flower room with 1x400 and 1x600.

With 2 grow areas you simply veg 1 room while flowering the other ,as you go along harvests will get bigger and bigger .

Grafting . its easy split the plant on a node stick in the new shoot your grafting electric tape to seal but a j bag or oz bag over the graft ,snip off top corner mist in some water twice a day

With this method I have 100% success-rate. I fill the bottom tray with vermiculite. I make it wet with water added some rooting enhancer like Canna rhizotonic. I take the cuttings fast with a scalpel, 45 degrees cut, 2-3 nodes, then dip them in rooting-gel for 30 seconds and straight into rockwool (or other medium) the medium should be pre-soaked in clean water ph'ed to around 5.8-6.0. Mist them well and put the dome on. Keep the ventilation on the dome open at all times as the wet vermiculite will keep the humidity very high for a very long time. Very efficient stuff :) Mist them daily and hope for the best. I mist them with canna rhizotonic. I don't feed them anything else until they are rooted.

This method will give you a very good chance to get rooted and re-vegged clones. Since it's so late in bloom, you need to give them the best chance they can get

clones175.jpg

This method works as well

When the plant you want to keep is done flowering ,reveg that plant ,now its going to be your mother plant to take clones from.

Harvest 90% of the plant ,make sure some leaves are left and put it on 24 on light schedule.

Back
Top Bottom