Hiding the smell outside home

steppedinds

Any1 got any good tips? I've got 2 Phresh carbon filters going, more than what I need, but nearing the end of flowering you can clearly smell, what smells like burning bud, outside my apartment. Every1 is noticing...currently looking at Lemongrass EO and Citrus Magic as an option. I plan on harvesting in 2 weeks, so it will be getting much worse. Anybody have any other good options that work?

Thanks Steppedinds. It's difficult to find here in Ottawa but I think I've found a vendor for Ona Block. Here are the ladies.
311104.JPG

So, inside a tent, it would best to run a vent hose from filter, then a box with this in it, then another vent hose to exit?

Wouldnt this stuffs smell attach to the buds themselves?

I cant imagine we want this stuff anywhere near budding plants.

But would be easy to construct a chamber in the exhaust line out.

asking is all, I have no idea anything about it.

So, inside a tent, it would best to run a vent hose from filter, then a box with this in it, then another vent hose to exit?

Wouldnt this stuffs smell attach to the buds themselves?

I cant imagine we want this stuff anywhere near budding plants.

But would be easy to construct a chamber in the exhaust line out.

asking is all, I have no idea anything about it.

I have 3 Phresh filters running and it still stinks. And, no, you wouldn't put this stuff in the tent. You put it near where the exhaust vents to pick up anything that makes it through the filtration and near areas that are close to your neighbors.

I've got 2 Phresh carbon filters going, more than what I need

nearing the end of flowering you can clearly smell, what smells like burning bud, outside my apartment.

You do realize that those two statements are in direct contradiction to each other, right?

I have 3 Phresh filters running and it still stinks.

Hmm... Are you sure there isn't something wrong with your setup that is allowing air (and smell) to escape? What is your ventilation setup? Are you treating the air that's being heated by your lights and the air that's being "odorized" as two separate entities... or just treating everything as one unit? If the latter, consider having a completely separate run to cool your lights - no smell involved, since it'll be sealed off from your plants and the general grow room environment. So no filter required for the air coming from that, because it'll just be warm air. The air in the grow room itself should then be cooler - which will allow your carbon filter to work more efficiently (and last longer).

Are you maintaining a slight negative pressure in your grow? Using passive intakes, or trying to "push air in" with some kind of intake fan setup? If so, maybe you're inadvertently pushing air out through any tiny gaps/holes. One reason I never use an intake fan.

Check the clamps on your duct runs. Check the flexible portions of your ducting (required, I assume, if you're wishing to be able to adjust the height of your lights). Use solid duct runs whenever possible instead of trying to use the flexible stuff (which is exponentially less durable than, for example, a 6' length of rigid metal duct). If using the "snap together" single-walled metal ducting, make sure the edges are properly joined. Adjustable elbows? Get them to the shape that your duct run requires, then make that position permanent and seal the separate pieces they're made out of together. In fact, SEAL EVERYTHING!!! Consider using the more expensive, but better double-walled duct pipe stuff.

Carbon filters work great, but they're not magic. You can push stinky air through one so fast that some smell escapes, I think. This would be especially true if you're using a single run to both filter your grow and cool your lights.

I've given up on the smell business because I don't want to enclose them. Instead I have separated the plants and moved them throughout the garden and they are camouflaged by hollyhocks and hibiscus. BTW, has anyone ever noticed how alike hibiscus and pot plants look?

The lemongrass EO is working out great for the inside. I bought a gallon of Odoban and poured half of it into my very thick door mat. Didn't smell a thing when I came home tonight

Back
Top Bottom