Think I've got bud rot

Pistol03

Hi guys.. went and checked my plants today and noticed the main cola on one is going brown in one place. I opened the bud up to check inside and it don't look good. Il try getting a picture but it might be hard.. it's got about 2 weeks left till harvest. Do I have to chuck the whole plant out? Cheers

Re: Think iv got bud rot .

Hi guys.. went and checked my plants today and noticed the main cola on one is going brown in one place. I opened the bud up to check inside and it don't look good. Il try getting a picture but it might be hard.. it's got about 2 weeks left till harvest. Do I have to chuck the whole plant out? Cheers

Well it's definitely bud rot. Only seem to have it on the main cola though?. Iv been checking inside other buds and checking stems and can't see any more.

Iv chopped off the main cola to where the mould stoped
420-magazine-mobile791129473.jpg

Will it still be ok to harvest? Was going to flush and see what happens?
420-magazine-mobile1051654114.jpg

Rest of the plant will be fine,, keep yer eagle eyes on the shelf next to the grow room, and use em often,, cheers

Check leaves on the lower part of the plant. Yellow leaves pull out at the stalk real easy if bud rot is present. Also trichomes turning amber to early is another sign of bud rot.

Check leaves on the lower part of the plant. Yellow leaves pull out at the stalk real easy if bud rot is present. Also trichomes turning amber to early is another sign of bud rot.

Cheers mate. Il have a look when the lights come back on.. so frustrating after trying to be so careful for 3 months! Lol

Just chop the rot and get your RH down. Gotta keep it dry with nice big nugs like those.
If you're that close I personally would harvest and get to drying. I lost a half lb last season to rot I didn't catch in time
Or since they look healthy otherwise, trim some of those inside fan leaves, open up the canopy so the air can flow.
Either way you go, stay vigilant looking for the funk!

Or since they look healthy otherwise, trim some of those inside fan leaves, open up the canopy so the air can flow.
Either way you go, stay vigilant looking for the funk!

From what I could see it was just the top cola. Il check again later. Not sure how to get the RH lower?. Iv already got fans in there and a little dehumidifier.. it goes to about 65 with lights off and about 50 with them on

Oh wow, that should be more than sufficient. Where's your air coming into the box from?

Yeh kind of.. the 5" iv got sucking the air out of the tent into a carbon filter by a window. Iv got it set up backwards because just paranoid about hanging a pipe out of the window.. then iv got a 4" filter with a fan putting air into the tent. I was having smell problems because of how I set the 5" up. Il take a pic

Back
Top Bottom