First grow

Chippers

Hi everyone first time grower here and I'm not sure if this is the place for this question, but here goes. My seedling is four days old and I've noticed some slight discolouration on the first leaves, the ones after the cotyledons. It's not massive and its only very slight. I was just wondering what could be causing it? I've not used any nutes and I wasn't ph the water, but I am ph water now. I left the water out 24hrs and I'm growing in coco coir, other than that my baby seems to be doing fine :D. She's a wardrobe grow with a 300 watt LED, which is a good distance from her. Many thanks for your help and merry meet.

We'd need a good close-up photo taken under natural light. At four days of age with coco and no added nutes you shouldn't have any excess or deficit, though, so probably not to worry.

Thanks for your reply, I've just checked in on her and I've noticed her leaves are pointing up which I presume is light stress, what do you think? I've moved the light further up I just hope I haven't damaged her. Do you think a 300 watt LED is too much for her? I've got an 80 watt would I be better off using that at this stage? Thanks

Leaves pointing up, "worshiping the sun," is a *good* sign. ;)

I think it's fine.

Check out the link to my little coco coir deck grow in my sig file if you're interested. I have been taking lots of readings to track nutrient levels and such (and my plant has been worshiping the sun its entire life). ;)

She's curled up now :( I think I fried her, she's no longer reaching out the leaves are now curling over on her and she's gone crispy...I hope she makes it. I've put the 80 watt one on instead.

Hi its a 300 watt LED but I'm sure I've frazzled her so I've put the 80 watt on, I'm looking at cfl's but not sure about wattage for seedlings. There's one that's 200 watt but I think it might be too much for them.

Back
Top Bottom