• Male

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Female

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

joshuaseid94

Hey guys,
My name is Joshua and I am a new grower. I started process using seeds I acquired from a mixture of places (friend who was growing and my dad who had a few). Having said that, I am unsure what strain my plants are. I started the process by germinating them in moist paper towel around early June (June 3-5). Once sprouted I moved them to dixie cups where they were allowed to grow till about 4"-5" tall in my closet under T5 HO grow lights. Then, I moved them to 5 gallon buckets with a mixture of Black Gold Organic Soil and some cow manure. They were moved outside around June 28. I placed the two plants in different locations. One was in an ideal spot (17-18 Hrs of sunlight a day) and the other was in a slightly less "sun-rich" area where it was camouflaged (14 Hrs of sunlight a day). As expected, the plant in the sunnier spot grew a lot faster. I water them with my house water because the water is drawn from a well and so there are no additives and the pH is ideal.

Today however, I decided to move my smaller plant to a similar spot as the bigger one because I am beginning to worry that the bigger one might be male due to the stretching of the stalk. I moved it in hopes that the extra sun may help it grow a little faster and just overall be better for her/him.

I snapped a few photos today and I was hoping someone with more experience might have some insight as to the sex of my plants. All input is appreciated and I thank you all in advance!

Mary_Jane_2A.jpg
Mary_Jane_1C.jpg
Mary_Jane_1B.jpg
Mary_Jane_1A.jpg

Scorpio420 thanks for the help! Does the length of the stem between branches tell you anything about sex?
Nope...maybe a sativa...boys don't always out grow girls....lol..but sometimes

420-magazine-mobile676791616.jpg

The photo above shows the height and you can see the distance between branches in the picture below as well. Someone told me that often indicates a male and so I got worried lol glad to hear it's just the way it's growing.

420-magazine-mobile454487542.jpg

Ah the wait!!!! Nothing like the stress of waiting for your reg. seeds to show sex. No early or easy way out here. Good luck.Just the other day me and a friend were talking about his Grape God taking to long to show sex. He needs to fill a room with females to be profitable. With Grape God there was not enough time to make changes if your male percentage is to high.

Al I know is that you should have 2 pointy things at the nodes I thought mine was Gona be female and then I saw this
420-magazine-mobile661556161.jpg
so I chopped her down yesterday and when I get off work and get home am going to germinate a 100% seed feminized I got online using paper towel method

Back
Top Bottom