First time grower

derek910

I have blue dream growing. It's in the vegetative state and is on Day 20 since it first popped out of the rock wool. I'm running a DWC hydroponics in a five gallon bucket. Grow medium is a clay pellets. I believe this is called hydroton. I'm using the Fox Farm nutrients with the recommended feed schedule. I've flushed the system one time with Sledgehammer and I did that yesterday. I also topped the plant 2 days ago. My questions are how do I get the white moldy looking stuff to stop growing on the rock wool at the base of the plant. I've put hydrogen peroxide on it a couple times to kill it, but it keeps coming back. Should I lower the water level so the rock wool dries out? Do all of the roots need to be submerged? I read your supposed to lower the water to train the roots to grow after the water. Also there is some yellowing on the edges of the leaves. I had my light too close before. It's a 300 watt LED and I had it at about 16 inches. I read that it should be 20" + with an LED so I raised it to 24" based on the manufacturer recommendations. I appreciate any advice and help you can offer.
170724-4.jpg
170724-2.jpg
170724-3.jpg
170724-1.jpg

New here myself but I know my bubble buddy came with plastic covers to go over the top of the net pots I'm seeing a bit of algae or moss/mold growth on the top of the rockwool I'd try covering the base with some plastic or something to block the light from the rockwool

When I was deciding on rockwool I watched the video on their YouTube channel and they cut a small slit in some squares of opaque plastic and slid it around the base of the plant to prevent unwanted growths

If it completely covers the rockwool cube it should stop the mold growth. If I didn't have the covers my first go to would be an old shower curtain or place mat or something similar

Back
Top Bottom