Yellow Leaves - 2 Weeks Old

Tris420

Hey 420 Friends ..
I have a little GrowBox with a marshydro 300watt LED . I have done like 4 Grows in the same Setup and had no problems at all .

Now 2-3 Weeks ago i planted a new one called Royal Gorilla .

Im using Plagron soil which has a little bit nutrients inside for the first 2 weeks .

But now all new Leafs are coming up Yellow but not like the Tips are yellow its the complete leaf .

I searched the Internet for Yellow leafs and i Kinda think its some sort of Iron defiency .

What do you guys think ? And what should I do to fix it ?

But if its Iron defiency .. How is it possible that i never had this problem before ? Im always using the same water .
I will upload the Pictures now and put them in this Thread . I forgot that I have to do it before haha sorry !

Thanks in advance and have a nice Day !

420120.jpg
420102.jpg

Yellow Leafs .2 Weeks old

I'd ask the question in here...

Ask Us Anything - Sharing Knowledge 420Style

Ask Us Anything - Sharing Knowledge 420Style could also be high nitro burn as well you'll need to show a picture of plant as well to help diagnosed your issue better ...

A photo would help.
Iron deficiency is unlikely. Nitrogen would be a better bet.
Try feeding you plant with a good cannabis-formulated fertilizer and I'll bet the problem goes away. Actually, until you can get an ideal fertilizer, I would suggest feeding the plant with any fertilizer you can get your hands on since it sounds like you might have a real deficiency.

Again, photos and more details would really help.

One more thing: What are you doing differently this time from your previous successful grows?

A photo would help.
Try feeding you plant with a good cannabis-formulated fertilizer and I'll bet the problem goes away. Actually, until you can get an ideal fertilizer, I would suggest feeding the plant with any fertilizer you can get your hands on since it sounds like you might have a real deficiency.

One more thing: What are you doing differently this time from your previous successful grows?

Thanks for the fast answer .. I added the Pictures now !

A photo would help.

Sorry i just saw your last question .. Im doing the same things as in the grows before .. using the same water ect..

Wow! There sure is SOMETHING missing there! (Assuming it's not some weird excess. You don't say anything about feeding it, so that seems unlikely.) I don't think nitrogen deficiency manifests at the top like that. Whatever it is, it's serious. Get some balanced fertilizer in that soil ASAP!

It's so weird that you're seeing this now under the same conditions as other successful grows...

BTW, I think I'm seeing what looks like heat stress in the otherwise healthy leaves. (They are kind of turned up at the edges.)

I would be curious what others have to say...

One more thought: How is your water? Has that changed? What is its pH, especially? What is the pH of the water going in and the pH of the water running off? (Grabbing at straws here, but if in doubt, check that all the fundamentals are in place...)

Wow! There sure is SOMETHING missing there! (Assuming it's not some weird excess. You don't say anything about feeding it, so that seems unlikely.) I don't think nitrogen deficiency manifests at the top like that. Whatever it is, it's serious. Get some balanced fertilizer in that soil ASAP!

It's so weird that you're seeing this now under the same conditions as other successful grows...

BTW, I think I'm seeing what looks like heat stress in the otherwise healthy leaves. (They are kind of turned up at the edges.)

I would be curious what others have to say...

Ok ! Yea its gotten very hot over here in the last few weeks .. SummerTime .. so that could be the cause yea .. But on the other hand .. Last year we had the same weather during this time and i didnt have this problem .. I will feed them good on the next watering thats for sure haha ! Thank you very much !

One more thought: How is your water? Has that changed? What is its pH, especially? What is the pH of the water going in and the pH of the water running off? (Grabbing at straws here, but if in doubt, check that all the fundamentals are in place...)

I havent checked it since my first grow here .. thats a while ago haha .. I can check the PH now and the runnoff ph i will have to check that tomorrow when i feed her again ! again thank you very much!! ill take every straw you got haha

Edit:but we have a special water filtering system here so the ph should always be the same here !

Wow i think you saved my plants life haha ! I just checked the water PH and its 8.0 which is way to much right ?

The best pH for cannabis in soil is about 6, so your water is definitely too alkaline.

At that pH, elements like manganese and boron don't get dissolved and moved into plant tissues. Google "nutrient lockout chart" to see a graphic that shows nutrient availability by pH.

If you can get your hands on a bottle of pH down (phosphoric acid), you can add that to your water and correct the pH to the right level.

I'm still wondering why you are seeing this effect now and not earlier.

One more thing: if you pH is that high, chances are you have some mineral hardness in you water (which means you probably have plenty of calcium). A $20 PPM meter will tell you just how much you have and whether you need to correct that. You might need to switch to reverse osmosis purified water (and if you do, you'll need a Ca/Mg supplement).

But this is encouraging. Please post a follow-up to tell us how it's going...

Edit:but we have a special water filtering system here so the ph should always be the same here !

I just saw this. What's the special water filtering system, exactly? Is it a water softening system with the two big resin tanks inline? (That could be trouble.) Also, is it new? Did you add it since the last grow?

The best pH for cannabis in soil is about 6, so your water is definitely too alkaline.

At that pH, elements like manganese and boron don't get dissolved and moved into plant tissues. Google "nutrient lockout chart" to see a graphic that shows nutrient availability by pH.

If you can get your hands on a bottle of pH down (phosphoric acid), you can add that to your water and correct the pH to the right level.

I'm still wondering why you are seeing this effect now and not earlier.

One more thing: if you pH is that high, chances are you have some mineral hardness in you water (which means you probably have plenty of calcium). A $20 PPM meter will tell you just how much you have and whether you need to correct that. You might need to switch to reverse osmosis purified water (and if you do, you'll need a Ca/Mg supplement).

But this is encouraging. Please post a follow-up to tell us how it's going...

Thank you very much ! Yes I have PH Down .. I just used that and flushed my plants with a PH of 6 . I guess ill have to wait and see if that fixes the problem ! If it doesnt then i will get me a ppm meter ... I will keep you updated here ! again thank you very much. You are helping me out BIG TIME !! And sorry for any language Errors .. English is not my first language !

I just saw this. What's the special water filtering system, exactly? Is it a water softening system with the two big resin tanks inline? (That could be trouble.) Also, is it new? Did you add it since the last grow?

So my brother just build this House 3 Years ago so everything is pretty much still new .. 2 Years ago i measured the PH and it was between 5-6 . The Plants loved it ! and now kinda suddenly the PH is between 8 and 9 ... I talked to my brother and he says this water filtering system isnt for PH .. its just for lime .But now Im still wondering what makes the PH change that quick .. I dont have much knowledge in this Water thing haha sorry . Again thanks for help ! You are awesome !

Edit: Lime / Chalk / limestone .. thats the translation google gave me lol I hope you understand what i mean haha

Hmmm... Lime, chalk, limestone--those are all synonyms for hard water. What I'm wondering is if you might have an ion exchange system that softens the water but adds a whole bunch of sodium to it. If so, that is going to hurt your plants. I think you should investigate your water further. You might need to use reverse osmosis water (in which case you'll need a Ca/Mg supplement).

I'm just making educated guesses. Make sure your water's right! Good luck and have fun! :)

Hmmm... Lime, chalk, limestone--those are all synonyms for hard water. What I'm wondering is if you might have an ion exchange system that softens the water but adds a whole bunch of sodium to it. If so, that is going to hurt your plants. I think you should investigate your water further. You might need to use reverse osmosis water (in which case you'll need a Ca/Mg supplement).

I'm just making educated guesses. Make sure your water's right! Good luck and have fun! :)

Maan I am having huge trouble getting the PH right ... One of my Plant is drooping and the leafs are curling up .. looks like a PH problem for sure ... the other Plants arent drooping but the Leafs are all curling up ... Lets Say i take 3 Liter of water PH over 8 ... Now i put in 5ml of PH Minus ... and its perfectly between 6 and 7 PH .... Now i take another 3 Liter with PH over 8 .. and I put in 5 ml of PH Minus again .. But now the PH is still over 7 .. like WTF .. do i Have to measure it everytime ? THat really sucks ... Thanks in Advance

Edit: Can you suggest me a good ph meter ? Mine kinda sucks :) .. Its really annoying right now ... in the years before i never had to do this .. i just took the water and fed it to them .. but now they are dying in front of me .. i feel like a NOOB ..

Back
Top Bottom