Share your ways to increase resin production

Imhigh85

I received an article in my email today that basically was explaining that stem splitting can be used to increase resin production density yield the plant does this in order to defend itself against stress bugs insects and other things that attack them during flowering using stress I know can add resin production but would this not be the same as putting your plant in the dark for 72 hours to increase resin production?

I would also like the more experienced Growers to leave their technique for resin production posted for new Growers and new people to the website and threads

iv learned staying at a steady 25c/50hm helps alot! i also run advanced nutrients bud candy and bud factor x.

the amount of resin that is created is unreal for even a grower like myself! i could press my buds and yield alot of oil!

also heard terpinator is a good resin increaser, but i still stand by 25c and 50hm.

i hope this helps.

I have a lot of friends that use molasses in their plain water at the end of their flowering cycle for the last 2 weeks a teaspoon to every gallon this will also increase resin production over just giving it plain water the carbohydrates in the sugar breakdown in the plant giving it energy that it does not have when you are giving it plain water plus molasses contains a lot of trace minerals

Subbed.
I'm starting 72hrs darkness/ no water on 4 plants next week. I've wanted to try this for some time now, as it makes sense to me. Never had the chance, though, with the permanent outdoor plants. Smaller containers at the moment, but the ones i've been eyeing for the experiment just aren't quite there yet. 2 seperate strains, going to dose 1 of each with molasses just before i take the plunge, see if that makes a difference...
I'll let you know what happens...

i used molasses in my last grow with autos and never seen any more increase, so this time around im sticking to just canna flush and water.

ill post a pic of my northern lights on chop day to show you how frosty they are, the best thing is its not mega $ to buy niether.

Subbed.
I'm starting 72hrs darkness/ no water on 4 plants next week. I've wanted to try this for some time now, as it makes sense to me. Never had the chance, though, with the permanent outdoor plants. Smaller containers at the moment, but the ones i've been eyeing for the experiment just aren't quite there yet. 2 seperate strains, going to dose 1 of each with molasses just before i take the plunge, see if that makes a difference...
I'll let you know what happens...

are you harvesting after the 72 hours of darkness?

You can really do it any of those ways MaryAnna there is so many options on ways to do this I guess that's the point of the whole thread but you could do all three together if you'd one molasses the lack of water at the last two days and the Darkness it cannot hurt your plant you are going to be harvesting anyways all you can do is experiment and see what comes out best for you

Sorry, had a smoke, not too bright right now.
Do you mean i don't need to do 72 hours if i add molasses? Or that i don't need 72 hours if i withhold water? Or that 72 hours are not neccesary, i only need to do it for 48hours to achieve the best results?

i fed molasses for the full 2 weeks of flush and it never made no difference, i turn my lights of for 24hrs before i cut as i thik anything after is really debatable i dont give no water for the last 2-3 days neither as i believe the drier the plant is the quicker it can cut a few days of drying down.

You can really do it any of those ways MaryAnna there is so many options on ways to do this I guess that's the point of the whole thread but you could do all three together if you'd one molasses the lack of water at the last two days and the Darkness it cannot hurt your plant you are going to be harvesting anyways all you can do is experiment and see what comes out best for you
Yup. You know me with the experiments, cannot stop doing them.

i fed molasses for the full 2 weeks of flush and it never made no difference, i turn my lights of for 24hrs before i cut as i thik anything after is really debatable i dont give no water for the last 2-3 days neither as i believe the drier the plant is the quicker it can cut a few days of drying down.
With my bigger outdoor girls, i lessen the water leading up to harvest. With them, though, i don't harvest the whole plant at once, i do it over a number of days ( fatten up the lesser colas a bit before the chop), so stopping water entirely has never been an option. Excited to try this...

Experimenting is one of the best ways to learn the do's and don'ts of what your plant likes and there's always don't that you won't ever do again

I'll watch this thread with interest. Im growing two plants from clones of same strain I just harvested. I'm still six weeks from harvest, but when I get there my plan is to start a two week flush when my trichs are all cloudy. In that event, no matter what I might go wrong they can be harvested at any point.

When I think I'm a week from flush I'll start adding half hour to my dark cycle every day until last week before harvest. I'll then hold at 19 hours of darkness until last two days when I'll go totally dark.

I'll also stop base nutes altogether at three weeks out and replace them with all P&K. The flush will be done with Terpinator, and molasses to feed the microbes to make available the residual organic nutes that may be left in the soil. The goal is to totally deplete the soil by the last week and then straight water flush. I won't water the last 3-4 days before harvest.

... er somethin like that there... but ya know what they say about the best laid plans... whoever "they" are...

420-magazine-mobile1567973320.jpg

This one's going *into darkness* next week... hur-hur-hur

Very pretty very pretty around how much you get for plants curious because I like to keep my plants really small under two feet if they are inside

Very pretty very pretty around how much you get for plants curious because I like to keep my plants really small under two feet if they are inside
These ones were part of my winter experiment, popped very late autumn, only vegged for around a month before the weather flipped them. Then, cause i'm so very smart, i effed up the watering (something weird happened with the coir i had mixed through the soil, made a thick carpet at the bottom of the pots) - was giving them summer water in winter. Also, the pots i used were a bit too small, i carted them in & out of the house at night.
So, to answer your question: these are about 50 cm tall (1'7"), and i can't even begin to guess how much i'll get off of them - can i let you know next week? probably won't be enough for you for a couple of days...

Back
Top Bottom