Problems drying & curing my bud

bludmangrow

Hello! I am having issues drying/curing my buds. I harvested tuesday 1/8, let them hang dry for pretty much 3 days 12hrs, they felt dry to the touch. I decided to only let them hang for 3 days 12hrs due to lower humudity + size of the plants. I rolled up a joint that day with the hang dried herb and from my memory ( ;) ), it was alot more pleasant from when I tried another one today. After 4ish days in a sealed jar for curing. Everyday I have opened the jar and felt the buds, so they dont feel moist, let them get some fresh air if they would, usually one hour, untill they felt dry again.
When I smoked the herb as it is today, its hard to light (sign of humudity), ash gets dark and hard.

Please, I would love to hear your opinion of what I did wrong. Did I not dry hang them enough? From here, how could these buds be treated for them to be a more pleasant smoke?

Cheers, any questions please ask. I kind of think this text is comming out pretty confusing, feeling pretty high even tho it was a hard smoke.

re: Problems drying & curing my bud

I did, being completely honest, it was a lazy rushed flush, I ran 2x the pot size in water through the pot and after that they were only given water. Could this be caused by neutrients still in the plant?

I did, being completely honest, it was a lazy rushed flush, I ran 2x the pot size in water through the pot and after that they were only given water. Could this be caused by neutrients still in the plant?
It could well be! The fact the ash goes black and hard makes me think there's still nutes in there mate and unfortunately there's not alot you can do about it, cure it for as long as possible and hopefully it should taste a much better

if your running coco then you should flush atleast 2 weeks and try water them everyday, most growers destroy there harvests by this mistake.

for a perfect cure you should cure for atleast 6 weeks, most of the flavours come from curing.

also for a good cure iv tried this twice, if you cut and dry on a rack, put them in piles of 100g then jar them at 30g, cure should take the last 5-7g out.

I see. That is unfortunete news. But a great lesson. At the moment I am going to try dry them out on a plate a bit extra before continue curing. If anyone think that drying them even more is not gonna make it better, please tell me.

I appreciate your time and answers.

I grew in soil using bud candy and big bud from Advanced Nutrients through flower.

I see. That is unfortunete news. But a great lesson. At the moment I am going to try dry them out on a plate a bit extra before continue curing. If anyone think that drying them even more is not gonna make it better, please tell me.

We live and learn buddy, that's what it's all about :) your here and your asking the question....you've got the qualities of a great grower :) little tip to put a paper towel on the plate before the bud goes on, the bud sweats the moisture out and you'll end up with a damp patch under the bud which could rot....hence why people hang them up to dry so there constant air around the bud. Hope this help mate :) always here if you need any help

drying them out wont take the taste out, jar them and burp them for 10 minites a day and forget about them for a few month.

If I was unclear. It is not the taste I am worried about. Its the moist that I believe is making the herb not catch fire, just darken to a blackish colour and thats why I am trying to dry it out a bit more now.

Also using paper towels as a first layer on a plate! Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom