Mutated seedling growth - Should I start another seedling?

Hootenanny

I soaked 5 x c99 seeds for 24 hours on the 5/08 and then put them in soil.. I started with 5 hoping to increase my chances of getting 4 keepers..

I popped the seeds in a seedling mix with moist soil and watered for first time after 4 days (yesterday morning)

temps have been around 24C and the humidity around 50-60%

only 4 popped up and of those 4 one just hasnt grown anywhere near as much and when you look closely the new leaves look slightly mutated.

They are under 4 x 39w T5, they were originally about 6-7" from light and were stretching a little too much so i moved them abit closer, now about 4" and the stretch has stopped.

a pic to show comparative growth

DSC_06308.JPG

close up of the one that isnt doing so well...

DSC_063112.JPG

should i start another seed and hope to get a healthy seedling, or persevere with the mutant and hope it comes good?

Definitely don't throw out the poor girl! The ugly duckling became a beautiful swan.

It doesn't hurt letting it grow and see where it goes. If it really lags behind then get rid of it, but I think it'd be a shame to not give it a chance!

Also nothing wrong with starting another seed anyway my man. :Namaste:

No water needed before they sprout up if you watered the soil before they were planted

Just my opinion

Overwatering when young is hard on em

I agree 100%. Over watering is the number 1 reason new growers fail.
It's important for those roots to stretch down and if the soil is always wet that won't happen.

On my first grow and I'm running a Red Leicester Tease from Dr. Krippling that started out throwing some mutant leaves when it sprouted. Thought I got jipped or something, but I didn't have the time to start all over again since I had three other strains already 10 days ahead. Now she's in flower and putting in work. Don't throw her out and let her show you what she can do!

420-magazine-mobile1483351773.jpg

420-magazine-mobile130230727.jpg

I like to collect mutant strains this is one that I collected myself from Afghanistan Grew from seed and carry the same traits as native Afghan
420-magazine-mobile1300632509.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1063216627.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1821765382.jpg

On my first grow and I'm running a Red Leicester Tease from Dr. Krippling that started out throwing some mutant leaves when it sprouted. Thought I got jipped or something, but I didn't have the time to start all over again since I had three other strains already 10 days ahead. Now she's in flower and putting in work. Don't throw her out and let her show you what she can do!

420-magazine-mobile1483351773.jpg

420-magazine-mobile130230727.jpg

You'll start to see that happen more often on the first set of leaves the more beans you drop.

Back
Top Bottom