LED light too powerful?

Auji

I think the led are killing my seedlings... Perhaps I had them a weee bit too close and killed 3 sprouts so far, managed to bring one back and tried him under the light with only the same outcome. Sprout falls over into the soil, lifeless and stringy looking. I germinzed 2 more auto fem and waiting for the sprouts to rise. I moved up my light and I have now between 25"-30". Im using a 450W vipraspectra light with the veg and bloom switches. I only been using the veg setting but still seemed to kill 3 sprouts. Who would think that those lights are too powerful. Did some research only to find that too close is too dangerous.

Would raising the light be sufficient for seedlings? I'm using a 24x24x48 tent. Just wondering if people had similar light issues..
Once the sprout comes up from the soil, do I transfer them to the led or wait till they become mature enough to handle the led? Just using indoor sunlight ATM.

Its funny because I found 4 seeds a few months back and grew them with a regular 80w light and the same soil I'm using now. I grew them perfectly fine, until they turned into male plants. But seems like this 450 led light is just too much.

I thought my LED was killing my seedlings too but it turns out it was poor ventilation, how's yours? I've sorted my ventilation out and my 300 watt LED is 20" from my sprout, which it seems to like.

Back
Top Bottom