First Week Of My First Grow - Need Some Additional Advice

daniel15slash

Today completes week one of my first auto-flower grow, was wondering about a few things and was looking for additional advice.

If the PH in my water is between 6.0-6.8 do I need to check the soil PH also,

Also my AK-47 is striving under my grow light, but my Amnesia Haze seems to be stunted. Any advice on what it could be?

Finally, I need additional advice on how to water my plant to be sure I don't overwater.. Im using Roots Organic potting soil and for some reason I feel like I am fucking up with it some how..

Any advice is very very very appreciated.

I'll take a shot: It sounds like checking you soil pH would not be absolutely necessary, but pH pens and PPM testers are cheap and can tell you a lot. Once you start taking measurements, you'll never go back to being without them.

As for AK-47 (is it "striving" or "thriving"?) and AH, we'd need more info. Details about soil, light, history, photos, etc.

For watering, give it a good water until you get, say, 10% runoff, then let it dry about knuckle deep. You'll probably want to start adding a good cannabis-grade multipart fertilizer eventually too.

Good luck and have fun!

I'll take a shot: It sounds like checking you soil pH would not be absolutely necessary, but pH pens and PPM testers are cheap and can tell you a lot. Once you start taking measurements, you'll never go back to being without them.

As for AK-47 (is it "striving" or "thriving"?) and AH, we'd need more info. Details about soil, light, history, photos, etc.

For watering, give it a good water until you get, say, 10% runoff, then let it dry about knuckle deep. You'll probably want to start adding a good cannabis-grade multipart fertilizer eventually too.

Good luck and have fun!

I will have to disagree on the watering auto seedlings until runoff. An auto should be started in it's final pot and it you water a huge pot with a tiny seedling in it until it's fully saturated, you won't need to water it again for weeks. When I do autos I like to water in a circle just right around the base of the plant, this way it actually uses the water up in a few days and needs watered again. After the auto plant gets larger and uses the water faster I start watering with runoff.

Back
Top Bottom