My auto Northern Light ladies

aiio0nweed

420 Member
Hello, 1st time grower here, and its a blast. :thumb:

IMG-20170820-WA0000.jpeg

But, i start to worry a bit since the edges of the leaves curl up.
Not allot, but i like to stay ahead of the problem.

IMAG012624.jpg

I did somme googling myself and found it might be the light hanging to close to them.
So i moved the LED up about 1ft. (now 2ft)
Has anyone else seen this before? and what did you do?

some extra info: humidity hangs around 50-55% temp is always around 27°c/30°c
i give them around .5L water every 2 days (depends how dry the ground feels)

:thanks:

Re: my auto northren light ladies

called tacoo .
usually heat / light / RH problem .
mostly heat by light beind to close ; when the leaf is 'tacooing' its protecting it self from the heat ( if im not mistaken ! )
and slowing grow rate ; which can be deadly to auto's

I don't think it's the light being too close, dosent seem like a very bright light. How many watts is it? Also notice how your plants are growing inwards? They are growing towards the light. My guess would be low humidity. Do you have a gauge? If it's above 50% then yes it's the light being to close. But you should have no problems at all with a led light being a foot away. And it's not even directly over the plants, it's in between them.

I don't think it's the light being too close, dosent seem like a very bright light. How many watts is it? Also notice how your plants are growing inwards? They are growing towards the light. My guess would be low humidity. Do you have a gauge? If it's above 50% then yes it's the light being to close. But you should have no problems at all with a led light being a foot away. And it's not even directly over the plants, it's in between them.

Its an Apollo 4 180w, and the humidity is around 50-55% atm

You need wet/dry cycles. A schedule like you described is not the best way to go. Read the post "How to water a potted plant." Search for it. Can't tell much by the picture, but from what you said, I was guess you are watering too often. Get a rapidtest moisture meter and check the moisture profile in your pots. See a post titled "Watering made easy," in the growers lounge. That's how I do it...

Coco should never be allowed to dry out, it locks salts to the fibers and kills the roots.

I water almost the same for coco and dirt with one difference, with dirt I poke a finger in the top and if the dirt is still moist I DO NOT water. With both I lift the pot and gauge the weight of the root ball, I DO NOT water a bottom heavy pot.

I lift the pots daily, and poke a finger in if using dirt, if the pot feels lighter in coco than a freshly watered pot or the pot feels lighter and is dusty dry on the top for dirt, then I water again.

Alright. so clearly i was overwatering and the post about "How to water a potted plant." cleared allot up for me. cheers!

IMAG000633.jpg
IMAG001029.jpg

now if i may ask another question. there are these little flies on the soil and i was wondering if they can hurt my plants?
And if so whats the safest way to get rid of them without hurting the plants?

thank you for all the info :adore:

Yep those are fungus gnats and are a pain in the ass to get rid of. They come from the fertilizer, lot of soil mixes have them. It's not the gnats that are the problem it's the eggs they lay in the soil that turn into larva and eat the roots. I don't like using foliar spray and chemical stuff that can effect and harm buds. So I used mosquito dunks, yellow fly paper, and sand on top of the soil. Prevents them from laying eggs and when they try and come out of it it shreds them like glass.

Back
Top Bottom