Topping in pre-flower?

Escartajo

Can I top during pre-flowering?
Just to make it clear, when I say pre-flowering i'm refering to the period of time that goes from the beggining of flowering until buds start to show up. This mean the period of time in which the plant just stretches right before bud formation takes place.
Im pretty aware that plants are not supposed to be topped when they have entered the flowering period, but Im not sure about the aforementioned time lapse.

Now, why the urge to top at such an inconvenient moment of the plant's life?
Right now im growing Super Silver Haze. Prior to this I grew Nevilles Haze which took around 3 weeks to show any signs of buds and stretched insanely after it entered its flowering period.
Sativas tend to strech alot when switched to 12/12 but haze is just absurd and SSH is no exception.
My plants have turned 2 weeks today and I have this dilema of whether should I wait untill the plant grows 4-5 nodes, switching to 12/12 and topping or just switching to 12/12 right away and start LSTing.

Well no one else has jumped in so I will.

I don't see any reason that you can't top your plants after switching to 12/12, especially shortly thereafter. That's assuming your switching to 12/12 when they are big enough to top.

It sounds like maybe you're topping to try to limit height? If so, probably better just to keep the veg stage short, no?

There's lots of info on topping out there. Read up and watch some videos!

Back
Top Bottom