Newbie Needs Advice

Karenthefirst

420 Member
Hello Friends. This is my first time at gardening. I'd like to know should I pull off those big leaves? What strain am I growing? I just started using Espoma Triple Phosphate, is that right to do? She is in week 3 of flowering. Thanks :)
DSCN54062.JPG
DSCN54042.JPG
DSCN54034.JPG
DSCN54022.JPG
DSCN5401.JPG
DSCN54003.JPG
DSCN53981.JPG

Hello Friends. This is my first time at gardening. I'd like to know should I pull off those big leaves? What strain am I growing? I just started using Espoma Triple Phosphate, is that right to do? She is in week 3 of flowering. Thanks :)

Hey K1 -- Interesting how your plant has that long, bare stalk. Did you pull the leaves down there? In any case, to answer your question, I would not pull any leaves off your plant.

I don't think anyone can tell you what strain you are growing from some snapshots (and strains are kinda unclear and not as useful as we might think--there's a link in my sig file about that). I will say that those look like C. indica leaves to me.

That triple phosphate you're using is a 0-45-0! Man, that is a long way from balanced nutrients. Best bet is usually to get one of the popular cannabis-grade multi-bottle fertilizers that we all talk about here, from General Hydroponics, Advanced Nutrients, Fox Farms...

If you don't want to go the full monty (spending $40 for three jugs of nutes), then at least pick up balanced bloom fertilizer from the garden center that has a little nitrogen and some potassium with an NPK ratio of maybe 1-3-7 (or 2-6-14, 3-9-21...it's the ratio of N, P, and K that matters, not the magnitude of the individual numbers)--anything but that pure phosphate stuff you're using now.

That said, your plant is looking pretty good! Do give it as much sun as you can. That's really important.

Good luck and have fun! :)

Back
Top Bottom