Don't wanna be no noob

Bluelotusrick

About to start growing with these materials using these directions. What else could be done better?

Area:
- 36 sqm
- 1 bedroom apartment
- 37th floor
- Medium sized windows
- 1 single cabinet
- Tropical country
Materials :
- 1 4x4 tent for the veg stage
- 2 4x8 tent for the flow stage
- Don't know how many lights needed if I use Platinum LED lights
- 10 pots for veg tent
- 20 pots for flow tents
- 3 carbon filters
- 3 fans for 3 tents
- 1 air purifier for the entire room
- 3 exhausts with tubings
Directions:
- Using DWC system
- Twice a day check up on ph level and temperature
- Air condition will be on 24/7
- 3-4 weeks in veg stage (18/6)
- 6-8 weeks in flow stage (12/12)
- Wet trimming

Don't wanna be no noob ☺

Track the humidity with hydro meters at canopy level. Circulation fans in addition to the exhaust fans. What's the specs on the leds you're using? Actual wattage, coverage, etc. really nice size operation I hope you do a grow journal . any hydro questions ask away and feel free to visit one of my current grows in my signature if you have any more questions, the crew will be all over it.
And MOST IMPORTANTLY.........

Welcome to :420:!

best advice i can give for you while your on the 37th floor and growing with others living around you is forget about all the contents o your grow and concentrate on fire safety before hand.

being that high up and if a fire broke out from your grow could cost lives!

I started off with 1 plant, and I learned sooo much from it. Im now doing 3 plants, I dont think people realize how much time energy and skill it takes to grow. I did months of researching before I started growing, and I still learned during the first few grows! You will learn as much from growing 1 plant then you will growing 20, except with 1 plant if it dies oh well. 20? Ouch. The reason this makes me think its solely for money is because the amount of plants he's starting off with, why else grow that many??

I'm really just astounded when people come here with these questions, haven't done their research, haven't grown a green leaf in their life, but want to grow a house full of cannabis, one of the hardest plants on this green earth to grow.

And if his grow is illegal, I dont judge people growing illegally, its not where I live, but then again I dont grow an insane amount of plants. When people grow illegally just for the money, is where I draw the line.

Track the humidity with hydro meters at canopy level. Circulation fans in addition to the exhaust fans. What's the specs on the leds you're using? Actual wattage, coverage, etc. really nice size operation I hope you do a grow journal . any hydro questions ask away and feel free to visit one of my current grows in my signature if you have any more questions, the crew will be all over it.
And MOST IMPORTANTLY.........

Welcome to :420:!

Thanks so much! Highly appreciate the warm welcome and advise, ill make sure to check it out and post some of the questions i have. Cheers :volcano-smiley:

I assume this an illegal grow lol, it amazes me that people think they can just jump into growing 20 plants like it's no big deal. It's usually best to start off with 1-2 plants to learn but it sounds like this is solely for money. Good luck :thumb:

Its mainly because their is huge scarcity in our area, we respect weed and understand its benefits to society, sadly we have a government that does not support our ideas, (hence the scarcity) we want to change the world for the better and help the poor with the money we make, its not about the money as much as it is about how much it can change peoples lives. The reason we are going all out is because we live in such a remote area ( not USA) that if we order a small tent and try growing a few first it wouldnt make any sense. We might as well get everything we need for the plan so that we dont have to go through the whole ordeal of getting parts again. We are trying to pay it forward brother.

Do you realize what you just said? You live in a small area, and there is no weed. Now there is going to be an abundant of weed in a small rural area. This sounds like the perfect rescipe to get caught.. Has this not crossed your mind??

Thank you for your concern, never said small rural area, we live in a HUGE city actually. Have you ever heard of Shanghai? well it has no weed, the quality of weed here is in the negative and the disparity between the poor and rich will make you sick. Talking to someone like you, a stranger who obviously has some issues he's never dealt with and is lashing it out on others, is a eye opener, the lesson is you can meet douchebags anywhere. I am just asking some questions here whatever I do with my life shouldn't be of any concern to you. You do your thing, i do mine. If you wanna help go help in a positive way and I'm happy to listen. Hope you figure out whatever is holding you back from your evolution to becoming a decent human being.

Good points on both ends but the way I see it is why doe you did come of a little harsh bit in the same token, he is looking out in a sense that we are a community and some of us will beat around the bush and some people just tell it like it is. I doubt he means any disrespect but we are all here to learn and be supportive of one another. A lot of times we do see people biting off more than they can chew and you're not wrong to ask for feedback but there's a funk ton of info in here. And it's not as easy as it looks so I agree you do need to do some homework and read up on some journals. I wish you the best, keep it wholesome and keep it green.

I suggest 50 watts of Cree grow lights per square foot of space from timbergrowlights.com or I'm sure you can get them cheaper if you live in China from dhgate or alibaba. The diy type grow lights with pin heat sinks are the best for heat to par/umol ratio, they are so easy to keep cool.

Ditch the DWC and grow in soil or Coco. I tried the same thing my 1st grow and failed miserably. Learn to grow first! If you end up with root rot you'll loose EVERYTHING.

I concur with 508Squid about going with soil or coco for your attempt at this. They are a lot more forgivable mediums if you miscalculate nutes(which is so easy to do as a starter). Also, I'd recommend lowering the quantity of plants which others have said. I say this because your yields could be much greater if you allowed a few plants to be in the vegetative stage longer and get larger. 3-4 weeks is nothing and I'd highly recommend at least 45 days in veg. Your vegetative state is the most important time to get yields from flower. What is a few more weeks, ounces per plant. You have to think of your yields as being multiplicative as time goes on(in the vegetative stage), not just gaining a few grams in a week. Also, your flowering time should be judged by your trichomes. This has a huge impact on your high and quality of flowers. You can find plenty of information on this by searching trichomes in the forums search. I'd say a more realistic timeframe for most flowering periods is around 9 weeks and could be several more depending on the strain. If you want more of a hassle free strains, look into auto flowers if possible. Good luck, and be safe.

I concur with 508Squid about going with soil or coco for your attempt at this. They are a lot more forgivable mediums if you miscalculate nutes(which is so easy to do as a starter). Also, I'd recommend lowering the quantity of plants which others have said. I say this because your yields could be much greater if you allowed a few plants to be in the vegetative stage longer and get larger. 3-4 weeks is nothing and I'd highly recommend at least 45 days in veg. Your vegetative state is the most important time to get yields from flower. What is a few more weeks, ounces per plant. You have to think of your yields as being multiplicative as time goes on(in the vegetative stage), not just gaining a few grams in a week. Also, your flowering time should be judged by your trichomes. This has a huge impact on your high and quality of flowers. You can find plenty of information on this by searching trichomes in the forums search. I'd say a more realistic timeframe for most flowering periods is around 9 weeks and could be several more depending on the strain. If you want more of a hassle free strains, look into auto flowers if possible. Good luck, and be safe.
Awesome man thanks so much for your opinion, ill definitely take it into account. Do you think that even if i dedicated a lot of research before starting I would still encounter a high chance of having problems with Hydro?

No problem at all. The majority of these forums are full of people who are way more knowledgable in the realm of Hydro and the forum is a great place to start looking. I've read into them, and since then have decided to go with an easier approach until I become more comfortable and knowledgable. If you have a good background in chemistry then you quiet possibly may find it an easier task than most. Most importantly is obtaining the proper PH. While soil and coco can provide a buffer for incorrect PH, complete hydro is not so forgivable. You can read plenty of sad stories on the forums about peoples plants stop taking nutrients because of this, even when the stem and roots look healthy. It often leads to you creating more problems than you originally had. Either way you go, doing research in the entire process of growing is the most important thing you can do. I'd recommend having a solid outline of the complete process, rather than reacting to errors you will prevent them without even knowing you dodged a bullet.

I'd also recommend that you look into the whole electrical setup as well. If you are unsure of your power ratings that apply to your building, I'd highly suggest you have a look. Secondly, I'd verify that any electrical products purchased are made to take the electrical load that you power provider puts out. I know from experience you don't go plugging your expensive electronics into any random outlet; especially in countries the products were not designed for. With all these factors in consideration, you can see why many people recommend starting off with a few plants and minimal equipment to start.

Back
Top Bottom