Question about autoflowering light cycle

zehamas

Hey guys,

I am growing four royal dwarf auto flowering plants. They all just started to grow the little pistils and have entered the flowering stage, they are currently on a 24/7 light cycle. My question is should i give them a dark period since they are in the flowering stage now?

Please let me know what you guys think!

-Zehamas

Hey guys,

I am growing four royal dwarf auto flowering plants. They all just started to grow the little pistils and have entered the flowering stage, they are currently on a 24/7 light cycle. My question is should i give them a dark period since they are in the flowering stage now?

Please let me know what you guys think!

-Zehamas

Hi Z -- Hey, I have been growing autoflower dwarves too, CropKing Seeds' Dwarf Low Flyer. (See my sig file if interested).

My answer to your question is, no, a dark period should not be required (although there are people here who feel otherwise).

My indoor grow got 24/0 from seed to harvest and gave me over half a kilo wet of buds and sticky trim. I am certain that the continuous light had everything to do with the high yield.

Good luck and big harvests!

I think it depends on the strain and how well the plants are reacting to 24 hours light. If no problems keep it up.

Also - do dark periods help a plant recover when stressed /damaged better than continuous light?

I think it depends on the strain and how well the plants are reacting to 24 hours light. If no problems keep it up.

Also - do dark periods help a plant recover when stressed /damaged better than continuous light?

Autos dont need sleep to recover.

I would run 24/0 like scientific says, i got nearly a 1/3rd more than doing 18/6 light.

I think the ounces per kilowatt hour calculation pencils out, though. More juice in, more buds out! :)

It depends weather or not you sell your buds after, for myself i keep everything, i got more oz's out of normal seeds than autos and in less days and less electric, but saying that everyones growing is different.

It depends weather or not you sell your buds after, for myself i keep everything, i got more oz's out of normal seeds than autos and in less days and less electric, but saying that everyones growing is different.

Oh, that's good to know. Yeah, I'm sure their are different results with different strains and growing techniques, but that's a good data point. Thanks.

Hi guys I have a question. I have two pineapple express auto and a cheese auto but the thing is I also 2 photo plants in the same tent. If I run the lights 24/h will the photo plants be ruined?
420-magazine-mobile1748327441.jpg

Hi guys I have a question. I have two pineapple express auto and a cheese auto but the thing is I also 2 photo plants in the same tent. If I run the lights 24/h will the photo plants be ruined?
420-magazine-mobile1748327441.jpg

Are you on vegging your photos? i run my plants 24/0 for the first 3 weeks.

In order to flower your photos they will need 12 hours of darkness, giving photo plants 24h for a long time will lead to stress.

I only ever run 24/0 with photo plants for 3 weeks after 2 weeks they have popped through soil.

Remember the longer you veg photo plants for the bigger they will go in 12/12 flip, up to tripple in size.

So I guess I'm stuck on 18/6 for the most part.. so if I stick with 18/6 till the autos flower and then change it to 12/12 afterwards? Wish I would of thought of this and planned it out before haha

So I guess I'm stuck on 18/6 for the most part.. so if I stick with 18/6 till the autos flower and then change it to 12/12 afterwards? Wish I would of thought of this and planned it out before haha

How big are your autos and photos now? that could take up to 12 weeks for your autos to develop and bud, 12 weeks veg is alot of veg time!

You can run autos at 12/12 you just wont get much yield, your in a catch situation.

Back
Top Bottom