I've Got Root Rot

spysmasherr

So I switched over this year from soil to DW Hydro. Had some great DW harvests. But now I have been having a problem and no doubt I have root rot. I will try to save one plant but I am looking for info on the best way to eliminate the root rot. I understand heat and light can promote root rot I'm thinking a good clean with water/bleach mix and some Hydrogen peroxide. Looking for input on best way to clean up. I did order some Hydroguard too which should help.
TIA

spy

I understand heat and light can promote root rot I'm thinking a good clean with water/bleach mix and some Hydrogen peroxide. Looking for input on best way to clean up. I did order some Hydroguard too which should help.

Hydroguard has a good rep. Maybe next time start with it to establish a culture of beneficial bacteria?

People who keep fishtanks have known for decades that the way to keep your tank healthy is lots of oxygen and lots of circulation.

Circulation get harder as your res fills with roots. Small aquarium circulation pumps can help keep things swirley and healthy.

Highi temps are bad too. Hydroguard helps with that too. My res got into the 90s F several times recently and no problems. Maybe it was the Hydroguard (and the circulation pumps).

My .02. Good luck and have fun. :)

Thanks for the info. Had one plant still in veg. Another a seedling. Not worried about the seedling but the bigger plant was gorilla so I am trying to save it after cleaning all my buckets and gear well with peroxide. Was driving me crazy trying to figure what was happening to my last 2 plants. I lost a blue kush that was looking so tasty. Oh well. Live and learn. At least outside I have some serious raspberry cough and LSD plants wahooo :)

spy

The key to preventing rot (bacterial and fungal) is prevention, 99% of which is giving them the right growing conditions. Any time you have to use peroxide, that's a sign that something's wrong.

Yeah I get that. I switched over to hydro this year and it all falls under my learning curve. I can see some of the mistakes I have made and I plan on running a tighter protocol when it comes to my DWC maintenance. Just got my Hydrogaurd in the mail so I did a fresh swap on my nutes with the Hydroguard. Plant is in a semi- coma now but the roots are looking better(no slime). I'm hoping to get some growth back in a few days, roots and all. Hopefully my friendly Gorilla will perk up soon. :)

spy

So I Saved my Gorilla. It is slowly coming back. Using Hyrdoguard in my DWC. Will wait until the Gorilla goes into flower before I crack some Blue Kush seeds.

spy

Back
Top Bottom