What's a great LED light for a 36x20" area?

28 Grams

I have a budget of $200 and I'm looking at the Viparspectra 600W (actual draw 276W) which is just under my budget.

I've also heard good things about Mars Hydro -- I just can't decide! A lot of people seem to be raving about COB's, can anyone explain that to me? I know it's the newest LED tech but I'm not sure if it's actually better when it comes to growing cannabis.

What's a great LED light for a 36x20" area?

Great? Well, that's five square feet, so build a setup using five COBs, powered at 50 watts each.

I have a budget of $200

Better start saving up, then.

A lot of people seem to be raving about COB's, can anyone explain that to me?

Short version: Hella bright, hella efficient, hella powerful, and produce hella amounts of hella good dope.

Welp looks like it is true COB's are the best. Unfortunately I don't think I want to wait to save up some more money so I guess I'll have to settle with a regular LED...

Welp looks like it is true COB's are the best. Unfortunately I don't think I want to wait to save up some more money so I guess I'll have to settle with a regular LED...

Give us a look. We have a few options that would work for your space and budget.
Whatever you decide happy growing.

I was like that when I was a little kid, too. I could get a whole box of awesome Bazooka Joe gum for 89 cents, but I only had seven cents and couldn't be assed to wait. So I bought a piece of shitty sour apple gum.

Hour later I wished I'd been able to hang onto my seven cents. But hey at least I got to chew something right away, lol.

I wanted to revisit this thread. Mainly, because I was a bit rude - I apologize, 28 Grams.

Even the cheaper LED products are capable of producing a harvest. But IF you can double your $200 in a month or so, that gives you many more options to choose from. There's a reasonable chance that your harvest would pay for the "extra" $200 (even if you don't sell, you might end up buying to make up for a shortfall). And a more powerful light source would enable a more rapid rate of growth - possibly enough that your actual harvest date wouldn't get pushed significantly off into the future from when it'd be if you bought a ≤$200 panel right now.

Again, my apologies for having been a smart-@ss.

That's only $199, lol? Nice (they're forum sponsors, you know). I'm going to be trying out one, too, starting next week. Different model but the same company. If it performs, I... Well, I'll have to change my stance on inexpensive LED grow panels, that's for sure!

Here's hoping that both of us - and our new LED grow light panels - do well. :thumb:

28 Grams: If the predictions turn out to be at all accurate, one of those ought to be more than adequate for your five square foot grow space. And the company's products have a four-year warranty, too.

That's only $199, lol? Nice (they're forum sponsors, you know). I'm going to be trying out one, too, starting next week. Different model but the same company. If it performs, I... Well, I'll have to change my stance on inexpensive LED grow panels, that's for sure!

Here's hoping that both of us - and our new LED grow light panels - do well. :thumb:

28 Grams: If the predictions turn out to be at all accurate, one of those ought to be more than adequate for your five square foot grow space. And the company's products have a four-year warranty, too.
If budget wasn't so much of a concern, what would u recommend for a 4x4. I've also been hearing cob this and cob that but I haven't had any time to really do research to know enough.

If budget wasn't so much of a concern, what would u recommend for a 4x4. I've also been hearing cob this and cob that but I haven't had any time to really do research to know enough.

If I could just add whichever lighting setup I wanted to my tent? Probably 16 COBs, evenly spaced, driven @ 50 watts per. I'd add some reptile bulbs for additional UV. I'd also want to be able to raise the power levels on the COBs a little if I felt that it'd benefit sativas, because that's what I'd grow in there.

IDK if that's the best setup. Most people probably consider a 1kW HPS as being overkill for a 4'x4', and would use a 600-watt for that (or switch to a 5'x5' tent) - but I'd like to be able to try one of those, too. Assuming that "budget wasn't so much of a concern" meant I could also do a MAJOR electrical system upgrade.

Can't really guess at "best" setup right now. There are more and more options every day, it seems. A lot are cheap products - but some are bound to be performers.

If budget REALLY wasn't a concern, I'd go buy an old schoolhouse and set up a few dozen separate growing areas in the gymnasium, and try something different in each one. Things were complicated enough for me to (attempt to) figure out back when the only real question was "Which brand/model of reflector should I stick my HID into?" Now... many options, many.

I'm one of their sponsored growers. This company is putting out some decent equipment. Their 240 g3hipar is the light I have, and I'll be doing a journal on it. I have it already, and it's a bright little thing.
420-magazine-mobile912490074.jpg

I'm one of their sponsored growers.

Congratulations.

Maybe we should create some kind of list/reference? I suppose I could ask SweetSue, lol.

Hey guys I appreciate all the replies and suggestions.

@TorturedSoul No worries! I see what you're saying but I think I want to start growing again haha.

I think I've decided on the Mars Reflector 144 which I can get for $230 on the mars hydro website.
Mars , Led grow light , Mars Hydro

But I do have this question -- My tent is 5 square feet, that thing has a true draw of 290W... is 58w/sq foot too much? Or will it really boost my yield?
Because if all that wattage won't do much I mind has well get the Reflector 96 which is 190W and save on the electricity bill.

Back
Top Bottom