chankee

gIL1Ju1.jpg
H4SZAuy.jpg
DJyg7Od.jpg

Hello.
I am growing for the first time.
I planted four pots 12 days ago and I expect these females to grow well.
However, from the beginning of growth, they are curling down leaves, and from the sixth day the color is lime. Growth is also slow.
Water was given 3 times every 4 days and organic nutrient was given a little on the eighth day.

The light is using 450w LED and it is turning on the fan.
I am worried that they will die.

If you know why, can you help me?

Re: HELP ME (Curling, Lime color)

gIL1Ju1.jpg
H4SZAuy.jpg
DJyg7Od.jpg

Hello.
However, from the beginning of growth, they are curling down leaves, and from the sixth day the color is lime. Growth is also slow.
Water was given 3 times every 4 days and organic nutrient was given a little on the eighth day.

I believe firm curled leaves is over water and limp curl is under? If not someone educate me.

Re: HELP ME (Curling, Lime color)

Try to let them dry out a little bit between waterings. Everything you have done so far sounds right to me. I do have a suspicion they have been over-watered

I agree with DeVille. BEEEEF I think you're correct, they will be super limo and stringy with underwater and they look like the above pics for overwatering. Def make sure you have drainage as Rich said and give her a dry spell and see how she reacts. If you're giving nutes, make sure it's only a tiny amount .

Lol ooooooo. So I could use like one bulb for Them?

You could put them under a 450 watt lamp, but you'd be wasting electricity. Most people put seedlings under a single bulb or tube until they get a little bigger. Do you have a compact fluorescent or an LED light bulb around? (You put these just inches away, BTW.)

gIL1Ju1.jpg
H4SZAuy.jpg
DJyg7Od.jpg

Hello.

Looks like too much water... they need to dry out between waterings. If bottom of cup or pot shows moisture, do not water. Roots need air too and too much water keeps them from breathing. Good luck .-.

All you need is some cfls, pretty much just normal bulbs from Walmart

Yeah, really just a compact fluorescent in a desk lamp will do the job for the first week. One guy I trust here says CFLs are out of date and the LED light bulbs are better, and I believe him. I do know that both will work. Color is not critical, but cool white, about 6500K, is what I'd suggest.

Check out this primitive but effective lashup. Those are both CFLs and LED light bulbs (plus one 12-watt LED grow light.) The point of the photo is that, as you can see, you get the CFL/LED light bulb within inches of the plant--as close as possible without getting it too hot ("back of the hand" test). An aluminum foil reflector helps too.

2017-05-24_Day_65_1130_001.JPG

Yeah, really just a compact fluorescent in a desk lamp will do the job for the first week. One guy I trust here says CFLs are out of date and the LED light bulbs are better, and I believe him. I do know that both will work. Color is not critical, but cool white, about 6500K, is what I'd suggest.

Check out this primitive but effective lashup. Those are both CFLs and LED light bulbs (plus one 12-watt LED grow light.) The point of the photo is that, as you can see, you get the CFL/LED light bulb within inches of the plant--as close as possible without getting it too hot ("back of the hand" test). An aluminum foil reflector helps too.

2017-05-24_Day_65_1130_001.JPG
. why have I spent so much money, I'll put up a journal soon.

You haven't, scientific is just a simple grower with good results. If you become wise and knowledgeable you should be able to surpass him with a superior setup :)

More like a simple-minded grower. And a cheap one. ;)

Again, the point of posting that photo of what CanadaGuy called my "ghetto-ass" setup was to partly to show that you can grow under CFLs and LED light bulbs but mainly to show that you have to get those bulbs really close to make them work. Too often, people who use either light source have them a foot or two away and people have to keep repeating over and over to them, "No, really, get the lights closer." Just 2 or 3 inches is about right.

A 450-watt grow light will be fantastic once the plant gets big enough to take advantage of it and should give great results. You just don't need be paying the electric utility that much yet.

More like a simple-minded grower. And a cheap one. ;)

Again, the point of posting that photo of what CanadaGuy called my "ghetto-ass" setup was to partly to show that you can grow under CFLs and LED light bulbs but mainly to show that you have to get those bulbs really close to make them work. Too often, people who use either light source have them a foot or two away and people have to keep repeating over and over to them, "No, really, get the lights closer." Just 2 or 3 inches is about right.

A 450-watt grow light will be fantastic once the plant gets big enough to take advantage of it and should give great results. You just don't need be paying the electric utility that much yet.

I'll be starting my first journal here soon, seeds have just popped. I better see you in there scientific :)

Back
Top Bottom