Are some of my girls ready for harvest?

katurango

So difficult to take pictures outdoors with the wind and all, I did my best.
All photos are from the same Sour Diesel plant, maybe day 56 of flowering.
pot_111.jpg
pot_107.jpg

Next photo is of a bud that kind of crumbled in my fingers, second one that did that.
pot_110.jpg
Thanks for looking and any help, 1st time grower, Kaurango

Hi Kat, I'm not super experienced at all but seeing as I'm just here (your message landed right as I logged on!) I will offer this...

First - nice frosty looking plant! ..

Re the harvest ready question - if it were me, just based on those trichomes, I'd take it now. There are a good few ambers and some of the trich stems look to be starting to degrade a bit.

And - re that crumbly bud. It's hard to say for sure without seeing more, but that looks a bit like budrot to me (symptom of too high humidity?). I had this once, just removed all the rotten parts and the rest was fine ..

Hopefully someone else with more cred will pop in and concur or correct me!

Cheers .

Careful with judging a plant by Amber's on leaves. Leaves degrade faster than buds

Can you take a pic of the buds then a trich pic

Hate for u ta cut her too soon

As for the first picture yes yes and yes it ready for the taking. As Amy pointed out you have a modest amount of amber trics, it won't disappoint you.
Wish I could chime in on the 2nd pic but I have never had that happened. Hopefully someone Will be along that can say. :goodjob:

First pic is of the same plant. 2nd pic is of a different plant that is suppose to be Sour Diesel also but they look so different
pot_1181.jpg
pot_119.jpg

Don't see much Amber on the buds but they sure look milky

They look pretty good by those close pics, but the hairs look like they need some more time

Bigger pics, meaning zoomed out,would help

Love the pink and red hairs

Yes - not much amber in those!

Thanks for the leaf pick-up Scorpio!

Those hairs look amazing .. I've read round these halls that the hairs shrivelling a bit is one sign of ripening also. So yeah, those are still pretty perky. Agree with Scorpio some wider framed pics will help.

Scorpio420, do have a take on the crumbly bud (rot?)?

Oh - and regarding their difference despite being supposedly both the SD, I've learnt (here) that some strains can produce different phenotypes. With more shots of the actual plants and their 'parts' I'm sure someone here would be able to tell ...

Back
Top Bottom