Need help identifying grow problem

Robin420

Hey guys, I am a new grower and this is my first grow I've ever run. My plants are both bubblegum kush autoflower. I have run into low pH problems and some leaf are showing brown spots as well as lower and older leafs of one of the plants are yellowing too. The brown spots started almost 2 weeks ago and are spreading on the lower/ older growth of the first pant while on the other plant the spots started from a single leaf near bud growth on the top of the plant and just kept getting worse.
420-magazine-mobile102870799.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1204273594.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1350933302.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1705479661.jpg
420-magazine-mobile689638879.jpg
I'm not sure what to do. I have added garden lime and watered it in yesterday.
Can anyone help me? I'm not sure how to help them
Any advice would be appreciated, thankyou

The plant on the left is 4 weeks old and on the right is 6 weeks
420-magazine-mobile884132961.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1399582470.jpg
420-magazine-mobile802529185.jpg

It looks like calcium, what's you're ph been? Even if you're feeding cal/mag it will still be deficient if the ph is out of wack as the plants ability to uptake will be hindered. Since you're in soil, flush you're medium with plain water at 6.8-7.0 ph for a couple days and go back with cal/mag around 7.0 ph and pray lol. Those leaves won't come back damage is done and they won't get better. Eventually you'll have to lose them. Ph range for soil is 6.5-7.4 hydro is 5.8-6.5 you're in soil so as close to neutral as possible and you'll be golden, and new growth should look better.

What's the growing media? Looks to be soil/mixture. Do you have "fruit flys" around? If so they are Fungus Nats and their larvae could be in the soil eating root hairs. The symptoms are very close.

get-rid-of-fungus-gnats-on-marijuana.jpg

Growchy and Indigo are both right. Even a manganese deficiency exhibits those symptoms, but my money is on calcium. It's hard to tell without the big picture.
What soil are you growing in?
When you were having pH issues what was your pH and how long was the pH off?
What is your watering schedule?
What is your feeding schedule?
What are you feeding and how much?
The more info you can provide the better we can help diagnose your problem.

Yes! I forgot to mention I have fungus gnats, I have sprayed the plants with a sort of Eco oil that said it was good for aphids/black flies etc.

Growchy and Indigo are both right. Even a manganese deficiency exhibits those symptoms, but my money is on calcium. It's hard to tell without the big picture.
What soil are you growing in?
When you were having pH issues what was your pH and how long was the pH off?
What is your watering schedule?
What is your feeding schedule?
What are you feeding and how much?
The more info you can provide the better we can help diagnose your problem.

The plant that is flowering is in a pretty lackluster potting soil while the 4 week old is in canna professional mixed with perlite (peat based mix said to have a 5.5-6.5 ph)

When I was having issues soil pH was very low, I put in water that was 7.2 pH and it came out as lower than 6 according to my tester. (This was done on the Older plant) I added lime to help remedy this 2 days ago)

The younger plant also had a low pH, I fed 6.5 pH water and came out as lower than 6 too, I added like to that too

I water them when I feel the top inch or two inches is dry

Fed with an organic nutrients and I'm not feeding as often since I seen this signs

Pls help❤️

The fungus gnats larvae are eating the root hairs (the underground part of the plant that does most of the work) which in turn manifests as a nute deficiency since there is no nute uptake anymore. Until these are gone it doesn't matter what else you do.

pH below 6 in soil can give you some problems. Follow the instructions that Growchy suggested and you'll be golden.

And definitely take care of the fungus gnats! :goodluck:

For fungus gnats I sprayed multiple times with Eco-oil and have applied a thin powder like layer of food grade diatomaceous earth to the top. Should I be sorted for gnats now? I see less and less gnats flying around now. And should I re apply the layer of diatomaceous earth after watering?
Thanks heaps guys, I really appreciate the help❤️

It looks like you have 2 completely mediums which require different ph's
Your older plant is in an actual soil mix, so I think closer to 7 is optimal(not 100% sure, don't use potting soil)
Your younger one however is in a "soilless" mix, optimal ph for that is 5.8(I use the same idea of medium for mine)
Never had any experience with gnats, so don't really have advice for that

It looks like you have 2 completely mediums which require different ph's
Your older plant is in an actual soil mix, so I think closer to 7 is optimal(not 100% sure, don't use potting soil)
Your younger one however is in a "soilless" mix, optimal ph for that is 5.8(I use the same idea of medium for mine)
Never had any experience with gnats, so don't really have advice for that

I think you are confused with the professional plus version that canna makes which is soilless (coco)

When I look up canna professional I'm looking at a product called "Terra Professional Plus", is this what you're using?

Because that's a peat moss based medium, which is also considered "soilless" and operates under the same basic guidelines as coco would, so 5.8 is optimal

If it's not Cannas "Terra Professional Plus", what is it called?

Ok so after reading a bit about it, it seems the only difference is that the "plus" has no fertilizers in it, while what your using does have some fertilizers in it.
However, it's still a peat based airy medium, and they still recommend feeding with water ph'd 5.8-6.2, so it sounds like you should still treat this medium as a "soilless" mix

Ok so after reading a bit about it, it seems the only difference is that the "plus" has no fertilizers in it, while what your using does have some fertilizers in it.
However, it's still a peat based airy medium, and they still recommend feeding with water ph'd 5.8-6.2, so it sounds like you should still treat this medium as a "soilless" mix

Oh okay that makes sense, what pH should I start watering from now on at? And also should I continue feeding with 1/4 to half strength nutes or with full strength ?

Btw feeding with GENERAL HYDROPONICS NUTRIENT trio

I was using that same trio to begin, I was following the schedule laid out in the first page of a thread in our forums under the Frequently Asked Questions - Nutes: What to use and how to use them

Following measurements are per US Gallon
GENERAL HYDROPONICS SCHEDULE

PRODUCTS NEEDED:
GH Flora Grow=$10 (USD's)
GH Flora Bloom = $10 (choose hydro blend or soil growing blend!)
GH Flora Micro= $15

WEEKLY FEEDING SCHEDULE:
Week 1 (rooted clones or 3 leaf-sets on seedlings) : 2.5 ml EACH Grow, Micro & Bloom
Week 2: 5ml Grow + 2.5ml Micro + 2.5ml Bloom
Week 3: 10ml Grow + 5ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 4 until 12/12 : 12ml Grow + 6ml Micro + 3ml Bloom
Week 1 of 12/12 : 6ml Grow + 6mil Micro+10ml Bloom
Week 2 of 12/12: 3ml Grow + 7ml Miccro + 12ml Bloom
Week 3: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 14ml Bloom
Week 4: 3ml Grow + 8ml Micro + 16ml Bloom
Week 5: 2..5 Grow + 7ml Micro + 18ml Bloom
Week 6: NO GROW + 6ml Micro + 20ml Bloom USE UNTIL FLUSH!
Flush 10-14 days before harvesting

Phasic Schedule

This is for the Basic 3-Part General hydroponics nutes
Flora Micro, Flora Grow, and Flora Bloom
There are supplements available, and will be discussed at end of nute schedule.

Day one(seedlings or new clones not completely rooted)
2.5 ml Flora Grow + 2.5ml Flora Micro + 2.5 ml Flora Bloom

Day 7 Add: 12.5ml Flora Grow + 7.5ml Flora Micro + 2.5ml Flora Bloom Per Gallon & Top-off reservoir

Keep at this level entire Grow period
Keep reservoir to fill line of water
ONLY ADD nutes if vegging MORE than 5 weeks

Extra vegging: Add 5ml Flora Grow + 2ml Flora micro + 2ml Flora Bloom ONLY ONCE!

When You go 12/12empty & rinse reservoir, then refill and add
5ml Flora Grow + 7.5ml Flora Micro + 15ml Flora Bloom

DAY 30 add: 1ml Flora Grow

On Day 40 of 12/12--add 10ml Flora Micro + 15mg Flora Bloom

SUPPLIMENTATION
General Hydroponics also makes supplements. These are optional products. Some people swear by them, others report little noticeable difference. Try them if you like; you may see some worthwhile results.

Floralicious: Concentrated bioactive microbial, marine, mineral, and plant extracts. Contributes to aroma and flavor
Comes in Grow and Bloom formula-add 5ml to your current nutes schedule.

KoolBloom: Concentrated additive that makes for bigger and more blooms, increases essential oil production.
Add 1.5 grams during last 2 weeks of bloom

CHI: Foliar spray made from Chitin (a marine extract) Makes the plant insect resistant!
Use ONLY as a foliar spray!!
Use 210ml per gallon throughout Veg & bloom cycleuse only every other week, and stop 3 weeks before Harvest!!

Diamond Nectar: Premium Fulvic Acid allows the plant to break-down and use nutrients more efficiently.
Add 40ml during Veg cycle (only once!) and 40ml during 12/12 cycle(only once!)

Florasheild: Natural microbial enzymes that keep your reservoir clean and aids against fungus & disease.
Add 37ml per gallon during each stage... can also use double-strength to sterilize tools!

Flora Kleen: Used as a pre harvest or emergency flush! Follow bottle directions.

Source: Lady Zandra

I assume since your mix has some ferts in it that you'd want to lower the dose laid out there, I'm just not sure by how much.

For ph, if you said the manufacturer recommends 5.5-6.5 I'd aim for 6

I was using that same trio to begin, I was following the schedule laid out in the first page of a thread in our forums under the Frequently Asked Questions - Nutes: What to use and how to use them

Following measurements are per US Gallon

I assume since your mix has some ferts in it that you'd want to lower the dose laid out there, I'm just not sure by how much.

For ph, if you said the manufacturer recommends 5.5-6.5 I'd aim for 6

Thanks for the help godofpot, I'll report back if things improve !!

I have read up too and have seen multiple people suggesting to add lime to increase the soil pH as the canna "soil" comes at a lower pH with a low buffer

Are you saying to treat this as a hydroponic medium? And feed around 6 pH because I am unsure if that would just cause a lockout because I thought in soil the pH would have to be closer to neutral around 6.7 or 6.8. Have you used the soil before and if so what is your opinion on what I should do.

P.s sorry for all the questions, this is all just a bit confusing for me haha I'm pretty young so just bare with me. Thanks heaps

I haven't used that specific brand, but I use a similar medium, these are not considered soils, they're "soilless"

I use pro mix HP + perlite + vermiculite, pro mix HP is a peat based medium. From all my reading, yes you should be treating peat based mediums like this as a soilless mix, so the same as hydro/coco.

I get the confusion I was confused too when I started looking into the different mediums. The reason it's treated like hydro is because being peat based it allows a lot of air to the roots, whereas soil doesn't, the air changes how the roots react, so I aim for 5.8 ph with mine, haven't experienced any problems as of now.

Back
Top Bottom