White Pistils

Hythlodaeus

420 Member
Hello Folks,

Just a quick question about white pistils that come out the bud, the ones that eventualy turn orange when near harvest time.

I have two Purple plants almost finished at the moment -This is my first first time trying to grow them, fancied some color in my weed :D, The are ace seeds Violetta's.

They luckily have a good color to them nice purples. I thought i buggered them up when a few weeks old they had purple leaves then temps got slighty too high and lost all purple color.

I was wondering about the new growth of white pistils coming out from the bud.

Are these a sign off the plant not being quite ready? There's still a few new white pistils popping out the plant

My main question is whether or not plants stop producing white pistils when the are ready for harvest or will it continue to do so? I had a heat stressed plant a couple grows ago, and a mold issue last grow so trying to watch for any bad signs and pick them up early.

One plant has the odd amber Trich, so maybe a week or two left till harvest, the second one is a little behind it.
judging by trich color.

20170917_210210.jpg
20170917_205918.jpg

I can't answer your question but I got the same thing happening mine was turning colors so I started a flush thinuking they was about done 2 days later they started growing and pistil stood out again but I know most peopLe say go by the trics no matter what

How much Nitrogen is in the nutes you're using in flower? Looks like too much, though it could be dark green being strain related. Either way, make sure you flush her good and let her cannibalize her leaves, get some of that chlorophyll outta there. Def just go by trichs, that's the plant's last ditch effort to catch pollen and reproduce, could also just be strain related.

Hey folks, thanks for the info,

Nutrients wise I'm using the Biobizz range, Grow NPK : 4-3-6 Bloom 2-7-4 and Topmax which im not sure about. Ive pretty much always diluted half /three quarters strength according to instructions and see how the plant gets on.

I also stick in some Liquid Oxygen and Silicon at low amounts for a little help. Leaves are all looking ok, not had any burn, though might be slightly at tips, but nothing major -they have been quite easy to grow, used good organic soil and coco mix this time which would have helped - didnt last grow :(

Got a couple better pics might see better, I had another look at Trich's and they are definitely starting to turn amber.
20170918_224816.jpg

20170918_225055.jpg

20170918_230518.jpg

20170918_230636.jpg

:Namaste: :thumb:

Oh light wise Im using two 900w LEDS viparspectra, got them a safe distance from plants, and heat /humidity is good for a change :)

they are foxtailing, I found certain strains do that more than others. there are other reasons they do that, but some strains are more prone to it.
just my opinion, but I don't go by the new growth. I figure if I went by the new growth, the rest of the bud will be that much older.

Ah Ok, thanks:thumb:

My tent size is 1.2 x 1.2 x 2 m

Do you think the two lights are too much light?

Got a couple other plants in there all seem fine, which are half way through flowering - Daiquiri Lime and Think different auto's

Think it may be the particular strain rather than light damage?

I'm using these ones VIPARSPECTRA Reflector-Series 900W LED Grow Light Full Spectrum for Indoor Plants Veg and Flower: Amazon.co.uk: Garden & Outdoors

Whats the best plan for dealing with foxtailing?

Once Trichs are ready harvest non -fox tailing bud and wait for the new growth to mature?:Namaste:

Well there are good and bad foxtails. Is it going straight up or out the sides?

Hey again, They are all straight up, stacking on top of each other.

It hasn't gotten any worse last few days, I turned lights down a little and Ive started to flush one that's nearly ready, think i'll give it to end of the week and take first Violetta down, second one isn't as bad for fox-tailing just slightly at the odd part, which is about a week behind the first one roughly i would say.

They aren't massive plants, I'd be happy with an Oz per plant - I'm just glad they ended up purple :circle-of-love: thought i had temps too high at start of grow as they lost all purple color and stayed green for a while.

Gotcha. A chunky bud is a nice bud. And so is a purple bud, great job with that. But a tall, lanky, skinny, foxtailed bus is annoying and the same way the backbuilding technique works to plump up buds, if you snip the top of the foxtail it'll stop her in her tracks. But this close to harvest you won't have any benefits from doing it. Any pics? Edit: I'm stupid I saw the pics already. They don't look to bad but the baxkbuilding about halfway through flower would've been beneficial. Great coloring on those they look tasty .

Back
Top Bottom