Mold on buds - Will it spread?

dauzer

Hey,

Just finished a crop of Incredible Bulk. I had some humidity issues during flowering and ended up with some mold on my main colas. When i was trimming the plants i done my best to remove all the buds and stems with mold, from what i could see i got it all until 2 days into drying. I noticed some of the larger buds has a white cotton substance on the outside so i took them down and sure enough, more mold. Again i took out as much as i could see. I ended up loosing about 4 / 5 oz dry weight.

So i now have them in the jars curing. I burped the jars today and noticed more moldy buds on the top, mostly the big buds. The buds are crisp dry so very little moisture left. My concern now is if i haven't taken out all the moldy ones, can it spread to the rest of the buds ? Can mold spread in the jars even though everything is dry ? I have about 750g dry weight curing and i really don't want to loose the whole crop.

Please HELP!!!

P.S iv posted this in 2 sections, i have all the buds jarred right now so in urgent need of advice on what to do. TIA

Yes everytime you touch or disturb the buds the spores spread everywhere so if your getting mold in your jars or have put buds with mold in your jars you will lose them to mold, so if you see buds with white on them or mould, just chuck them as they will destroy your whole crop!

On another topic, what do you think of the incredible bulk? id love to a little on the strain if you wouldnt mind.

Mold on buds, will it spread ??

Would that be the case even though they are all bone dry ? Like if I break open a bud it's snaps in half. Iv read there needs to be more than 20% moisture for the mold to spread and grow. I don't really know what to do now all the jars will have buds will small amounts of mold. Theres too much to lay out somewhere. The mold was started on the plants during flower but i only noticed once I started to trim and got a closer look. Should have paid more attention iv never had mold issues before.

Great strain if you get the right pheno. I had 8 in total with 3 different looking plants. The ones that looked like the IB pictures iv seen of other grows was amazing. Best plant out of the bunch. Really dense and very frosty. The others were airy and developed a lots of foxtails. I ran 8 under 2x 600 HID in flood and drain. Got 785g dry weight. I let it dry out a little extra due to the mold so I only recovered about 15% of the wet weight. They are resilient to high temps and poor feeds. My mate grew it and had highs of 32C and used veg nutes 2 weeks into flower (newb) they didn't show any signs of deficiency, ended up around the same weight as mine.

The smoke is smooth, not sure about the taste as I'm paranoid over the mold, I'm not sure if that's what I'm tasting. Nice stone, couch lock effect and heavy on the head. Nice evening/bedtime smoke.

If I was doing the IB again I would grow them out and pick the best pheno for the mother and go with cuttings all the way. Over all I was happy but I might go with something different next time until I can get a mother room setup.

Back
Top Bottom