Coco coir plus perlite plus nutrients?

bebecillo

I'm between going for soil or coco + perlite and nutrients from start. Will be using an 11L airpot I have a few doubts:

1.- I know coco holds more water than soil. Considering airpots dry faster will coco be better than soil? I use an 80W LED and don't mind watering twice a week, but being able to water and go away for the weekend is a plus.

2.- Cal/Mag. I've read that coco, while being inert takes in more calcium than other mediums, therefore the need to supplement. Anything I should consider?

3.- Any recommended nutrients? Big names please, we mostly get biobizz, top crop, atami and similar brands so organic or fancy products will be hard to get in my country.

4.- Mix ratio? I was thinking about going for coco + perlite but would like to know any recipe you might have including if I should soak the coco in water + nutrients from the first day or just use water and after I plant start using nutes.

Any guide, tip or recipe will be welcomed.

Thanks!

hello!

Right if your planning on growing in coco you should always water a little everyday so the next day you need another water and so on.

Never let your coco medium dry out as this will result in burning your roots, no roots = no buds.

If your using led lights then you will need cal mag.

Nutrients i can only reccomend what i use which is, canna, house and garden, motha pukka & advanced nutrients, great line up of nutrients and used correctly can create some amazing quality buds.

Iv never grown with soil so im unaware of the pros and cons, but coco can be great, a 60/40 coco/perlite mix is all you need.

Will this be your first grow?

hello!

Right if your planning on growing in coco you should always water a little everyday so the next day you need another water and so on.

Never let your coco medium dry out as this will result in burning your roots, no roots = no buds.

If your using led lights then you will need cal mag.

Nutrients i can only reccomend what i use which is, canna, house and garden, motha pukka & advanced nutrients, great line up of nutrients and used correctly can create some amazing quality buds.

Iv never grown with soil so im unaware of the pros and cons, but coco can be great, a 60/40 coco/perlite mix is all you need.

Will this be your first grow?

Thanks for the info!

It would be my first on coco. I've successfully grown using soil but always regular soil + tap water + biobizz try pack. My micro tent is my garden so I try to enjoy it and not overstress.

I also have a xiaomi flora that measures water concentration on the soil, so I never let it go bellow 20% and always water to 25-30% to keep my plants happy. Seems to be working great so far.

Greetings!

Have a look at the coco grow in my sig file.

> if your planning on growing in coco you should always water a little everyday
Agreed. Don't treat coco like soil, letting it dry out. You can and should water coco plus perlite every day. Think of it as drain-to-waste hydro with a coir root matrix. Next time I'm going to set up a pump that waters/feeds every day automatically. Details are in my log.

> If your using led lights then you will need cal ma
I have to disagree on this one. LED lights needing more Ca and Mg is a growers' folk tale as far as I can tell.
I have read the thing about coco needing more Ca/Mg. Dunno if it's true. I'm skeptical. But our water here is so soft that I have to add Ca/Mg regardless.

> a 60/40 coco/perlite mix is all you need.
I used 70/30. That worked great too.

I loved the results I got from my drain-to-waste coco grow. :)

Neil or ledrf is a coco god. Check out his free grow course. Just scroll down to the videos. How to grow marijuana free lessons

Hope this info helps with your coco grow.

The is a quote from ledrf.
1. Coco holds 30% oxygen when fully saturated.
2. If you let coco dry out, you will get lower yields and most likely nutrient issues because when the coco dries out, it leaves dry spots, where the roots dry up and die. That causes issues.
3. When you water every day or twice a day or ever three times a day, you are replacing all the oxygen the plant used up, thus letting it grow faster. You are also replacing any nutrients the plant used up with fresh nutrients. This is why I water every day with nutrients.
4. You get hydroponic results. Fast growth. Bigger yields.

Don't forget to keep your ph between 5.5-6.0. Most keep it at 5.8

How to water Marijuana growing in coco - YouTube

This thread has great info if you haven't seen it. I dont use the same nutes but I make it work for me.

Ledrf
How I grow in coco Youtube videos and pics

cultivator
How to grow in Coco - Feed schedule

Ledrf and cult have different grow styles but both have great info to share. I use ledrf style but if i was in a grow op id grow like cult as its less waste.

Here is ledrf sponsored website. It has a free grow course. I highly recommend it!
How to grow marijuana free lessons

Back
Top Bottom