Yellow Leaves After 12/12

CombineMind

Dear Friends,

I would first like to thank you for taking the time to review the issue I'm dealing with.

About a month and a half ago (give or take), I started growing my plant under 65W LED lights and everything was going very well. Nearly two weeks ago, I started flowering and things quickly started to deteriorate: intervenial yellowing of leaves; leaves falling; yellow spots; and an overall sickly appearance.

I initially thought it was a Magnesium/Iron deficiency and tried to address the issue with foliar feeding and watering with NPK nutrients, however, I woke up to a more stressed plant. I've tried to diagnose it and work with the information available online but to no avail.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? And will this have a major impact on the yield?

Thank you, photos below

IMG 8839 – imgbb.com
IMG 8840 – imgbb.com
IMG 8841 – imgbb.com
IMG 8842 – imgbb.com
IMG 8843 – imgbb.com

You don't say what you're using for soil or for fertilizer, but neither seems to be doing the job for you since you are seeing a serious deficiency like this so early.

Simplest solution: Buy some good cannabis-quality fertilizer like you see sold and discussed here--Fox Farms, Advanced Nutrients, General Hydroponics--and start applying it to your soil. (Not too much, though. Start slowly.) That should fix the problem without having to dive too deeply into the exact deficiency. Good luck.

The reason I ask is you have nutrient lock out. If you have been overfeeding. It likely caused your medium ph to get to low and locked up the plant. It wouldn't hurt to flush well with a very low nutrient feed. It's an issue within the roots.

Hmmm, I beg to disagree. This just looks underfed. I think we are way too quick around here to jump on exotica like nutrient lockout and to hit the flush handle.

I think he just needs some good fertilizer, and not to be applying it as an "interfoliar" but right to the roots.

Of course "we can speculate endlessly in the absence of data." CM: What are you growing in and what exactly are you fertilizing with?

All this just my .02 of course...

Thank you for your response, Suntana. I fed once a week and then stopped before flowering because there minor signs of nute burn (yellow tips).

Then when things really started to worsen, as seen in the photos, I flushed it yesterday.

Then what you probably need to do is to resume fertilizing but use less.

What are you using?

Here are photos of the nutrients that I'm using. These are the only ones available in the area where I live. By the way, thanks a lot for your quick response, guys!

Here are photos of the nutrients that I'm using. These are the only ones available in the area where I live.

Those look like general purpose fertilizers, which are high in nitrogen for good vegetative growth.

The 20-5-10 says it also has the micronutrients (e.g. boron, etc.), so that's what I would use of the two since it is a more or less complete fertilizer. Most stores that sell fertilizer will also have a "bloom" formulation that is higher in P and K. If you can find some of that, that would be better for flowering.

Let your pot dry out some before adding more nutrients, if you just flushed out yesterday, the worse sickly appearance was likely because of the flush. Once it dries out you should start seeing an an improvement.
Lower how much feed your giving them, it common for people to over feed unintentionally of course, but the only way to correct it is flush, like you did .
Feeding more as suggested would of killed your plant.
Have a good day .

Let your pot dry out some before adding more nutrients, if you just flushed out yesterday, the worse sickly appearance was likely because of the flush. Once it dries out you should start seeing an an improvement.
Lower how much feed your giving them, it common for people to over feed unintentionally of course, but the only way to correct it is flush, like you did .

Have a good day .

Thank you, Suntana and Scientific. I appreciate the feedback and will most definitely use it to refine my process. I am a bit more calm dealing with this now. Peace and positive vibes, my friends.

So far we have two diagnoses:
  1. It has been overfed, so flush the excess fertilizer and feed less. Evidence for this diagnosis seems to be reported tip burning (but I can't see any burned tips.)
  2. It has been underfed (but maybe just trace nutrients?), so feed more with the fertilizer that lists trace nutrients, but a more dilute solution to prevent burning. Evidence for that is that the plant shows clear signs of a nutrient deficiency.

Chances are that one of those solutions is close to the truth. You get to decide (unless someone else wants to jump in). Anyone? Poster of solution 1 says solution 2 "would of killed your plant," which is about as dire as you can get, so chose carefully.

And do by all means have a good day! :)

Back
Top Bottom