Paging any and all AN Voodoo Juice and Piranha users

Just need some info on when to use these products I ordered. I know the manufacturer recommends the voodoo juice for first 2 weeks of veg and flower cycles, however they also reccomend 4 ml a liter of their base nutes...

I've noticed many using voodoo juice through pre flower or longer and have no clue when or how often to use the pirhana. I believe AN says to use for the first 2 weeks of flower.

Any suggestions or recommendations are greatly appreciated

. dabber

Hi dabber,

I follow the bottle directions for Voodoo Juice and Pihranna. I would also be interested to know why growers would not follow those directions.

Hi dabber,

I follow the bottle directions for Voodoo Juice and Pihranna. I would also be interested to know why growers would not follow those directions.
Well it makes quite a bit of sense to me why they wouldn't follow the instructions. Depending on medium the beneficial fungi and micro organisms get rinsed out or taken out with a res change respectively. And as I stated they also instruct you to use lethal amounts of their base nutes. So I am curious how actual growers use the product. Also they state their 3 mass builders used in unison create a symbiotic relationship with the roots, but I'm not sure how that can work if only one of the 3 is recommended during veg.

I appreciate the responses but will just call or email them today. I was simply wondering if people used it more or less with different results. Stuff is expensive and I suppose I will start with the voodoo alone unless the manufacturer ends up recommending otherwise.

Thanks again

-dabber

an example would be nutes on coco you wont need the strength recomended as you feed with nutes everytime and plants can only handle sertian amount off ppm of nutes durin diffrent stages i start use about 1/4 strength of what it says on the bottle also an nutes are strong so you dont need as much voodoo and phirana are booth root stimulators phiranna being the microbactirea based one and voodoo is like any other root stimulater that premotes growth and health of your root zone at a plants young stage this is what you are doing establishing a root zone for a healthy plant i use an nutes but i use rhizotonic for my root stimulant along side my an

they also instruct you to use lethal amounts of their base nutes.

I hear ya on that one. The best guess that I have seen as to why they do that is "to sell more bottles." But how do you sell more bottles by telling people to mix your nutrients twice as strong as they need to be? (To say nothing of trying to get you to buy 12 bottle of expensive stuff when 2 or 3 should do it...)

an example would be nutes on coco you wont need the strength recomended as you feed with nutes everytime and plants can only handle sertian amount off ppm of nutes durin diffrent stages i start use about 1/4 strength of what it says on the bottle also an nutes are strong so you dont need as much voodoo and phirana are booth root stimulators phiranna being the microbactirea based one and voodoo is like any other root stimulater that premotes growth and health of your root zone at a plants young stage this is what you are doing establishing a root zone for a healthy plant i use an nutes but i use rhizotonic for my root stimulant along side my an

Although I appreciate the stream of consciousness approach to communication, and not to sound like a scolding schoolmarm, but a sprinkling of capital letters and punctuation would make that brick of text a lot easier to digest. I gave up 1/3 of the way through!

I hear ya on that one. The best guess that I have seen as to why they do that is "to sell more bottles." But how do you sell more bottles by telling people to mix your nutrients twice as strong as they need to be? (To say nothing of trying to get you to buy 12 bottle of expensive stuff when 2 or 3 should do it...)
Yeah totally agree with that. Their stuff is expensive enough as it is. I think I'm going to use half strength when it comes as well as after any flushes I do to ensure the good bacteria and or fungi is still present. I know the voodoo juice is commonly used through pre flower, but the pirhana I haven't heard as much about. I'll email them real quick and be sure to share what it is they suggest. Hopefully that way if others in the future have this question, they can reference this thread.

Although I appreciate the stream of consciousness approach to communication, and not to sound like a scolding schoolmarm, but a sprinkling of capital letters and punctuation would make that brick of text a lot easier to digest. I gave up 1/3 of the way through!
its my phones spell check it doesnt work and my spelling isnt great not much i can do about that buddy

my spelling is bad i know but i dont give up some people do have areas of difficultys im just trying to help and you wont read a post threw because my bad spelling lol thanks i still tryed

I don't mean to be critical and if you'll look, I didn't say anything about spelling. All I was saying is that if you could break that big block of text into sentences, using a capital letter to mark the start and a period to mark the end, it would be MUCH more readable. As it is, I'd be willing to guess that most people see that big brick of text and skip it, you know?

I never use AN trio full strength, or get anywhere near it, and plants do great. I have relatively small reservoirs in gro boxes, and I don't know if that makes any difference or not, but I stay well below half the reommended dose and see no signs of nute burn.

I don't see any reason to use VJ and Pirhanna beyond the recommended times because my roots get huge without continuing to use them. Both reservoirs have chillers.

I don't see any reason to use VJ and Pirhanna beyond the recommended times because my roots get huge without continuing to use them. Both reservoirs have chillers.

Those chilllers may be making a big difference.

I used HydroGuard bacillus culture for my hydro grow and had zero problems even though during a heat wave the temperature in the reservoir got into the 90s F 3 times. I don't know, of course, but I suspect that the beneficial bacteria helped. (I also had 2 circulating pumps, that I think made a big difference--baddies have a harder time getting started with good circulation, as fish tank keepers learn.)

You need tarantula with those too. That's the most important part of the whole trio
Ok thanks for swinging through waffles! I still plan on getting the tranchula as well. The VDJ and pirhana came together at a (slightly) reduced price. And I totally understand using all 3 in conjunction and it's benefits that's why I was curious about the suggested usage. It only says to use Voodoo in veg, then again in flower with tarantula I believe for 2 weeks followed by 2 weeks of the pirhana.

Vex told me he's been using it on Catalina the whole ride.

And yes I use their base nutes at 1/8th strength. Just bumped up to somewhere around 1/6 strength.

Thanks again everyone for your help and input

-dabber

Ok thanks for swinging through waffles! I still plan on getting the tranchula as well. The VDJ and pirhana came together at a (slightly) reduced price. And I totally understand using all 3 in conjunction and it's benefits that's why I was curious about the suggested usage. It only says to use Voodoo in veg, then again in flower with tarantula I believe for 2 weeks followed by 2 weeks of the pirhana.

Vex told me he's been using it on Catalina the whole ride.

And yes I use their base nutes at 1/8th strength. Just bumped up to somewhere around 1/6 strength.

Thanks again everyone for your help and input

-dabber
Yeah, they're meant to be used at certain times bc the microbeasties in each one, do something different.
Unlike Xtreme Mykos or Great White (which I'm really liking), the microbeasties are separate (and in higher concentration if I'm not mistaken).
AN really has it down to a science, and I've never seen results that compare.

Really? You can actually see the difference these things make? How can you tell? (I have used HydroGuard because it has a great rep, but it's expensive and it's hard to tell if it's actually doing anything.)
Absolutely. Roots are super thick, the hairs on the roots, look like roots lol, sooooooooo white and healthy looking. Huge stalk and happy plant.

Really? You can actually see the difference these things make? How can you tell? (I have used HydroGuard because it has a great rep, but it's expensive and it's hard to tell if it's actually doing anything.)
Hydrogaurd is great for keeping slime off roots and avoiding root rot. These products can increase surface area of roots by a lot! Not only on a macro (visible) scale but also down at the micro as well. The fungi create little sacs in the root allowing far more nute uptake. Like how - takes up as much space as u but the curved surface of the u has a far greater surface area. Sorry if the example was dumb or obvious :)

So both products are recommended for the first two weeks of each growth phase. Their website has different feeding instructions than the bottles. Pretty misleasding, but now I wish I had the tarantula. I suppose it will have to wait

Back
Top Bottom