Garden Reacher Device?

RobotBananas

I have an elderly friend who has a grow room, and also chronic back pain. She spends a lot of time bent down reaching two feet back to pick off and collect dead leaves, rearrange the plant shoots etc. As I'm sure many of you have experienced, this is not great for the back.

As her setup cannot be raised (it's built in place), I suggested getting some type of a reacher/grabber device (similar to those made for the disabled) so as to lessen the strain on her back. Unfortunately, she doesn't think they would be effective enough to grab small thin dead leaves without disturbing the plant.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a device I can purchase (or make, I'm handy) to help her?

I'm new, this is my first post, so i apologize if this is posted in the wrong place or breaking any guidelines. And thanks in advance for the help! :)

Built in space- what is available height? How about a pair of long bladed scissors like painters and decorators use. attach a plant support or BBQ skewers to each blade so the scissors still open and close,at the end of the sticks attach sandpaper or rough emery paper for grip. regards

Back
Top Bottom