Abernathy32

Hi, I am planning to make cannabis oil this Friday following the Rick Simpson method. I have never made this before, have only been doing research. Reading threads and watching videos. As soon as I feel a little more confident, I read something else and the fear sets in again. I am determined to make this for my father who has small cell lung cancer but has now metastasized to his bones. He is currently in a terminal state because his doctors say they cannot do anything else for him. I currently live in Colorado, my family and father are in TN. I have spent he last couple of weeks getting together a lb of the best bud I could find for he amount of money I was able to spend. I have all of my supplies but am still very nervous. If I ruin this, I am shit out of luck bc I will be out of a lot of money and wouldn't be able to get what's i needed to make this again. I have a short window of time I can make this so I was planning to use the whole day Friday to make this, as I am leaving Sunday to head back home to be with my father and family and to give him this oil. I will be using a rice cooker, as advised but I couldn't find one with a high and low setting, only a "Cook" and "warm" setting. Will this still work? I have been trying to find info on the correct rice cooker but cannot find any other information other than people mentioning the high and low settings when making the oil. Another concern I had, was if I should only make some of it in case I ruined it the first go around, but then I probably wouldn't have enough time to make the rest. What are the chances of ruining the oil using a rice cooker? I know this is a lot of info and questions I am asking, but I could really use any help anyone can provide. I will be so grateful! Thank you!!

Hello Abernathy 32,

Please check out this link and ask the good folks over there your questions. They will be able to help with you.

Hello Abernathy 32,

Please check out this link and ask the good folks over there your questions. They will be able to help with you.

No link!

Abernathy: Don't fret too much about your "project." You're just doing a little cooking. Making RSO is not that hard at all. Just follow the instructions and do your best and everything should be fine. You don't have to get everything super exactly perfect.

Maybe try a small test batch first?

Good luck to you and your father.

Hey, I can't offer cooking advice because we purchased from a dispensary, a simpsonian product from a company called chronic essentials, c02 extract 1:1. It comes in a 1g syringe and is dark and thick like molasses. My husband has stage IV nonsmall adenocarcinoma, diagnosed with a 24 cm tumor in the lung, diffused cells on middle chest wall, and lymph node involvement. He finished the 60-day advised protocol concurrent with chemo every three weeks and had his second PET two weeks ago. The tumor was reduced by 50%. The diffusion along the middle chest and in the lymph nodes are gone. This stuff WORKS. so soldier on my friend.

Hey, I can't offer cooking advice because we purchased from a dispensary, a simpsonian product from a company called chronic essentials, c02 extract 1:1. It comes in a 1g syringe and is dark and thick like molasses. My husband has stage IV nonsmall adenocarcinoma, diagnosed with a 24 cm tumor in the lung, diffused cells on middle chest wall, and lymph node involvement. He finished the 60-day advised protocol concurrent with chemo every three weeks and had his second PET two weeks ago. The tumor was reduced by 50%. The diffusion along the middle chest and in the lymph nodes are gone. This stuff WORKS. so soldier on my friend.

Speaking as another very grateful cancer survivor and fellow cannabis user, please allow me to remind you that the very powerful (although very toxic) chemotherapy drugs almost certainly had a major role to play in reducing the tumor, along with any surgery and radiation treatment. (Thank God that we are finally leaving the dark ages of having to cut, poison, and irradiate patients and now are starting to be able to use the patient's own immune system to fight this nasty disease.)

When things get desperate, we want to throw everything we can at the problem, and RSO certainly can't hurt, but I think it's important to be realistic about cannabis's curative powers, which have yet to be proven.

Good luck to all of the cancer patients out there, and much gratitude to the wonderful people who devote their careers to caring for them and to developing better treatments!

Thank you, thank you all so very much for your help! It truly means so much to me. I am currently in the process of "finishing" my product now. It seems to be taking a while, but I think I took it out of the rice cooker too early.

Back
Top Bottom