Infared light harmful?

raoulspoleti

Currently have cameras in all my grow rooms, had a fellow grower asked me if I thought the IR light affected them when the lights are out during flowering, I don't have a light meter is going to purchase one but wanted to know if anybody had any experience with this or has read anything about this?

From their website my good man!

"G8LED lights have infrared (IR) and ultraviolet (UV) diodes, which sometimes appear to not be on. The IR diodes are not visible to the human eye but are necessary for stem strength. The UV diodes increase trichome formation and are a dull blue color."

So i cant say for sure if it affects the dark period but i personally wouldnt chance it

Currently have cameras in all my grow rooms, had a fellow grower asked me if I thought the IR light affected them when the lights are out during flowering, I don't have a light meter is going to purchase one but wanted to know if anybody had any experience with this or has read anything about this?

There was just a thread about exactly this topic. The conclusion was that IR lights from cameras are OK--that plants can't "see" them (i.e. that they don't interact with chlorophyll significantly--and they're not very bright). Don't worry about it.

Back
Top Bottom