Rot at 7 weeks? Advice please

Newb007

Seven weeks in to flower counting from the time I saw the bud site, found what looks like bud rot this morning. Chopped about half the cola and tossed it. I still think I'm a couple of weeks from being ready but wanted more experienced opinions. Should I harvest now? This is an outdoor grow. I could bring the plant inside for a week or so, but I only have a 60 cfl. :/
IMG_365723.JPG
IMG_362313.JPG
IMG_365514.JPG
IMG_365917.JPG

Flush asap with a light soloution of h202 and ro or other water to 6 but in meantime remove all affected also can put some peroxide as well in a spray bottle I heard it will kill but not prevent. You need to shake off plants after rain or early morning moisture it helps also spray with neem oil helps

Are they under a porch? If so, a good breeze could be your friend. Late in flowering I "try" to keep my plants under cover if a lot of rain is in the forecast, but if I put them just inside the garage where they can still get light, I've found a good size fan is necessary to prevent bud rot just from high humidity. If it looks like you're going to lose the whole plant by waiting I've taken them a week early... figure something is better than nothing. You can always use them for topical's or cooking.

It was out in the yard until today. I was thinking of bringing it in at night.

IF you can completely kill the spores/rot, that might not be a bad idea. Especially if your nighttime temperatures drop a fair amount vs. the daytime temperatures. Cooler air is not capable of holding as much moisture, therefore the relative humidity rises and, more importantly, a portion of that moisture can become dew / et cetera.

Back
Top Bottom