First grow looking nasty - Help!

DankZip

First ever grow is underway and I'm excited I recently transplanted these about a week ago from today. Everything was looking cherry, had a nice happy green to it. Could see new growth coming but suddenly they started dying and fairly quickly (one day to the next) . I've looked on multiple forums and post from different sites but can't exactly pinpoint the cause. I keep jumping back and forth on what I think it is, from overwatering, to heat stress, maybe even a potassium deficiency? I used fox farms ocean forest, haven't started nutes yet just plain water. I know a pH gauge would be beneficial but haven't got one(will in the very near future). Do you think maybe if I used store bought 1 gallons? My temps are are around 68-75 and humidity is at 40%-50%.
I appreciate all help/insight given to me for I one day dream of having a green thumb like many of you.

First ever grow is underway and I'm excited I recently transplanted these about a week ago from today. Everything was looking cherry, had a nice happy green to it. Could see new growth coming but suddenly they started dying and fairly quickly (one day to the next) . I've looked on multiple forums and post from different sites but can't exactly pinpoint the cause. I keep jumping back and forth on what I think it is, from overwatering, to heat stress, maybe even a potassium deficiency? I used fox farms ocean forest, haven't started nutes yet just plain water. I know a pH gauge would be beneficial but haven't got one(will in the very near future). Do you think maybe if I used store bought 1 gallons? My temps are are around 68-75 and humidity is at 40%-50%.
I appreciate all help/insight given to me for I one day dream of having a green thumb like many of you.
I'm just a beginner, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I've noticed my seedlings do best when the humidity is 55%-70%. Her leaves will feel dry and look a little wrinkled when the humidity is 45-50% (which is what I have going in the room where my flowering plant lives).

I use purified water from the store or RO water from the vending machine, and it measures right around pH 6. My two plants (first ever grow and second so-far successful grow!) seem to love it.

Good luck! I'm sure someone with lots more experience will be along to help you out.

420-magazine-mobile449526576.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1979522459.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1239780369.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1590080921.jpg
420-magazine-mobile835894274.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2102805549.jpg

Not too sure what to say there to help fix what the problem is(looks like multiple problems) but perhaps give helpful advice for future grows.

You just transplanted them a week ago? They look like they've been flowering for a couple weeks, not sure it's a good idea to transplant during flower, they should be in their final pots before flowering so that it gives the plants root system time to develop and fill in the pot prior to switching to flower, I don't know that the roots will grow much once in flower mode.

Generally nutes are introduced sometime early in veg, though I'm not sure with your soil, don't have any experience with FFOF.

What type of lighting are you using?

Like I say, looks like there is a series of multiple problems, hopefully a more experienced grower can chime in. A PH pen is a must though, one of the single most important tools for your garden, luckily one of the cheapest too, well worth the investment.

I'm just a beginner, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but I've noticed my seedlings do best when the humidity is 55%-70%. Her leaves will feel dry and look a little wrinkled when the humidity is 45-50% (which is what I have going in the room where my flowering plant lives).

I use purified water from the store or RO water from the vending machine, and it measures right around pH 6. My two plants (first ever grow and second so-far successful grow!) seem to love it.

Good luck! I'm sure someone with lots more experience will be along to help you out.
RO water should test pH 7 or above, have you ever tested the ppm of this vending machine water? Sounds like the filter needs changed.

Not too sure what to say there to help fix what the problem is(looks like multiple problems) but perhaps give helpful advice for future grows.

You just transplanted them a week ago? They look like they've been flowering for a couple weeks, not sure it's a good idea to transplant during flower, they should be in their final pots before flowering so that it gives the plants root system time to develop and fill in the pot prior to switching to flower, I don't know that the roots will grow much once in flower mode.

Generally nutes are introduced sometime early in veg, though I'm not sure with your soil, don't have any experience with FFOF.

What type of lighting are you using?

Like I say, looks like there is a series of multiple problems, hopefully a more experienced grower can chime in. A PH pen is a must though, one of the single most important tools for your garden, luckily one of the cheapest too, well worth the investment.

Yeah I transplanted them and went straight to 12/12 I didn't do any vegging, they were already that size when I got them but were in smaller pots so knew they'd need more space. The exact day I transplanted was 9/10/2017. Maybe if I would have transplanted and vegged for a little it would of helped like you said. I would have liked to start nutes early but have read about plants getting stressed since FFOF has some nutes in it already. The lighting is 600watt HP, and I just ordered a pH pen off amazon could have saved some headache from get go. I appreciate all the pointers guys really thankful cant wait to make post about how monstrous and juicy my nugs are in the future

Is there any other pictures I should get? Another thing is maybe my humidity? It was a steady 45-50% but recently started going lower to about 38% can that be a reason?

Back
Top Bottom