LED lights

Re: Led lighta

What are the name and brands?

I have a hunching suspicion that they're not actually 1000w each(just a marketing gimmick). It's more based on the size of the tent or area then it is the # of plants.

What are the name and brands?

I have a hunching suspicion that they're not actually 1000w each(just a marketing gimmick). It's more based on the size of the tent or area then it is the # of plants.
I have to see on that label on them its says 1000 watts and I got them from amazon my tent is big lol and I have two of them with 1000 watts I might also put 1000 watts reflector with ballast

I keep my tent open inside my room I have exhaust and inline fan and fans inside plus douel fan on my window to keep air circulation on my room also

Doesn't matter what the label says necessarily, trust me I'm not here to lead you wrong. They can label something as 1800W and the truth is it's only drawing 325w, the more info we have to work with, the better we can help answer you

Big does not define the size of your tent. Need to know in feet or inches(ex. my tent is 4'x4'x6.5' or 48"x48"x80"), this is how you determine adequate lighting, you need to "know"

OK hold on this is the tent and lights that I got

420-magazine-mobile2083107692.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1338783637.jpg
420-magazine-mobile256703952.jpg

Led lighta

That's not going to give you the coverage your looking for for that many plants. Even if your lights put out the advertised wattage at 1k per lite. 2 lights at 1k watts is 2k watts / 16 plants is 125w per plant.

Now you need to find out how many watts they ACTUALLY draw from the wall and divide by how many plants you have.

Follow my journal. It's a hybrid indoor/outdoor grow!

Good luck mate!!

That's not going to give you the coverage your looking for for that many plants. Even if your lights put out the advertised wattage at 1k per lite. 2 lights at 1k watts is 2k watts / 16 plants is 125w per plant.

Now you need to find out how many watts they ACTUALLY draw from the wall and divide by how many plants you have.

Follow my journal. It's a hybrid indoor/outdoor grow!

Good luck mate!!
What about if I add 1000 watt grow reflector light?

Ok, so your grow tent looks like 8'(width)x4'(depth)x6.5'(height)

Your bestva light is currently drawing 185w and the nexus one draws 240w, so if I'm doing this right(I could be wrong) you're averaging about 13w/square foot, the accepted aim is 50w/sf.

Those lights wont do it for that size of a tent, if your tent was only about half the width(4'), you "might" get decent results having 2 of those lights trying to cover a 4' area, but it'd still be pretty inadequate, so for 8' it's definitely lacking.

Need to be mindful when buying lights, really read into it. Generally the "consumed watts" is listed on most amazon ads, that's the one you need to pay attention to.

I'd have to see what you consider a 1000w grow reflector light to comment on it.

Ok, so your grow tent looks like 8'(width)x4'(depth)x6.5'(height)

Your bestva light is currently drawing 185w and the nexus one draws 240w, so if I'm doing this right(I could be wrong) you're averaging about 13w/square foot, the accepted aim is 50w/sf.

Those lights wont do it for that size of a tent, if your tent was only about half the width(4'), you "might" get decent results having 2 of those lights trying to cover a 4' area, but it'd still be pretty inadequate, so for 8' it's definitely lacking.

Need to be mindful when buying lights, really read into it. Generally the "consumed watts" is listed on most amazon ads, that's the one you need to pay attention to.

I'd have to see what you consider a 1000w grow reflector light to comment on it.
That reflector grow light look under

For a tent your size I'd say 2 of those would suffice. It's be a big difference in heat generation, but even 1 of those will greatly outperform your 2 leds combined.
Yeah true that but I can't use that now sine its hot in my house temp would go above 80 easy I tried them once I lost few plants from heat maybe in few more weeks when temp goes down since I live in Seattle I can put them up so they can keep tent worm but I will pick up reflector higher up so its just gives enough light in general I am going on flowering in couple weeks anyway

If you have an exhaust fan try grabbing a air cooled hood and run it through there, or if your ballast is hooked up to the unit try researching a way to move it to the outside of your tent so that heat isn't inside of it.

If you have an exhaust fan try grabbing a air cooled hood and run it through there, or if your ballast is hooked up to the unit try researching a way to move it to the outside of your tent so that heat isn't inside of it.
My ballast is not inside but that light bulb generates heat more then ballast I can keep ballast cool by putting it by lower fan but light bulb makes it hot I can use it when temp outside drop's under 70 witch I have fan that ducking goes outside throw window for fresh air inside tent and exhaust for air out and I don't have air cooled hood

High... Just my two cents cause everyone has given you good advice but I have a question... Did you just get those Leds and can you still return them? If so I highly recommend you do so and rethink your light choice. You were given the correct #s for true watts per sq ft of 50 or better for best results and you have a huge tent so that's 144 sq ft x 50 =720 true watts needed and you're not close right now but if you check with Sara @ Mars-Hydro... They're a sponsor here... You can probably fit your tent with lights much easier and she'll be able to point you in the direction of which lights are in your budget and that will give you the best coverage. I've been using them for about 3 years and love them. You also might want to check out Twilight Leds... I think they're still sponsors on 420 but I've been testing their newest light for them and and almost to the end of my first grow with it and so far am very impressed and again it's not a real expensive light but I'd check with Sara first at Mars-Hydro. Ohh and if you do work it out and can order lights from MH when you check out use the discount code"coloradosfinest" and it gives you a bit off. Anyhow nice to meet you and good luck. If you want to check out what the lights can do you're welcome to check my journal in my signature...
Have a blessed and green Sunday... :)...:circle-of-love:

High... Just my two cents cause everyone has given you good advice but I have a question... Did you just get those Leds and can you still return them? If so I highly recommend you do so and rethink your light choice. You were given the correct #s for true watts per sq ft of 50 or better for best results and you have a huge tent so that's 144 sq ft x 50 =720 true watts needed and you're not close right now but if you check with Sara @ Mars-Hydro... They're a sponsor here... You can probably fit your tent with lights much easier and she'll be able to point you in the direction of which lights are in your budget and that will give you the best coverage. I've been using them for about 3 years and love them. You also might want to check out Twilight Leds... I think they're still sponsors on 420 but I've been testing their newest light for them and and almost to the end of my first grow with it and so far am very impressed and again it's not a real expensive light but I'd check with Sara first at Mars-Hydro. Ohh and if you do work it out and can order lights from MH when you check out use the discount code"coloradosfinest" and it gives you a bit off. Anyhow nice to meet you and good luck. If you want to check out what the lights can do you're welcome to check my journal in my signature...
Have a blessed and green Sunday... :)...:circle-of-love:
Where do I fine sara@hydro ?

To get enough light to hit that 50w/sf rule, it's going to cost A LOT. 7200w of true power is a huge investment lol

There's lots of options out there, personally I like our sponsor here SunPlus, they have an amazing line that utilizes Cree COBs along with LEDs, and they come at a great price as well.

To get enough light to hit that 50w/sf rule, it's going to cost A LOT. 7200w of true power is a huge investment lol

There's lots of options out there, personally I like our sponsor here SunPlus, they have an amazing line that utilizes Cree COBs along with LEDs, and they come at a great price as well.
Dang that I can put two reflectors inside that I have and two leds that would be 4000 watts

Back
Top Bottom