CO2 bags in grow tent - Up or down?

HigherTheHigh

Just bought 2 co2 bags for my grow tent as im running 3 600w hps lights in cool shades/tube.

Temps are hitting 30c which is apparently good while using co2 bags, question is do i put them up a height or on the floor?

I have fitted them up high level with my lights is that the correct way?

If anyone has used these before can you tell me if it helped with yield and by roughly how much?

The reason i ask is if it not going to do much difference ill turn a light of and then it will go back to 24-25c.

Thanks!

Above is correct foot above with fan blowing. I'm not sure it really does anything though

Well im hoping it will help out in the room and not cause any problems, i dont think im going to be able to compare though as i usually only run 2 lights but now im running 3, be nice to get a few more oz out.

My mate who has been growing for eons (he has every conceivable little tip and trick going on - he replicates moon light, down to the very cycles of the moon !!) uses a CO2 bottle and regulator. He typically grows about 15 - 20 plants at once. He reckons it makes a tiny difference, but nothing massive. His view is that the sum of many small things makes a big thing !

Everyone I've ever heard that used co2 bags say they didn't work. There's even YouTube videos of testing with a tester that shows no difference. If your only growin a couple plants then simply your breath is enough co2 it's not until 10-20+ plants that you need to get a co2 bottle.

Hmmm... not quite right on "your breath is enough" unless maybe you're living in your tent. ;)

I was watching one of liquid jade videos, he had a co2 ppm meter or whatever they are called. During the 30min long video he was taking about different stuff and the co2 increased by hundreds. Now keep in mind this is just one person in a decent size grow room in the span of 30 minuets. So you can imagine more then one person over the span of a day. That's why it's recommended you spend lots of time with your plants, simply you breathing on them helps. I don't think these co2 bags work, and they defiantly don't work if you have ventilation, any minuscule amount of co2 that it makes is being sucked right out.

Same of course applies to human-generated CO2.

I don't think so lol, your missing the point. Human co2 would go in and out because it's in the entire room even the entire house, we are a constant supplier. As for the co2 bags, it just gets sucked right out. That is if they even produce anything, from all the rest that I've seen ran, they don't.

And what have you seen exactly? Before/After? A/B? With/without? Not following your argument.

I don't use co2 and I'm breaking yield records over here with this small strain. Pretty sure that wouldn't happen if I needed co2. There are many other things more important then co2 clearly. Co2 is kind of one of those things you add when you've perfected everything else.

Back
Top Bottom