Pimp My Grow Plan

Grafton375

Yo my fellow stoners :cheer:. So i decided to grow myself for the first time. I have been researching stuff for a month or two extensively. I want you guys to take a look at my plan and give me tips on how i can improve it. I have some questions i couldn't answer through research.

Gonna buy
1. C02, Temperature, Humidity measuring device
2. Water PH measurer
3. PH up-PH down Soil PH measurer
4. Some sort of LED ( not sure about the size)
5. Ocean forest ff soil
6. FF Liquid nutrient Trio for soil
7. 24 hour timer power strip
8. Grow tent ( not sure about the size)
9. Plastic pots (2.5 gallons? not sure which would be the best)

I am going for auto sweet tooth, gonna order 3 from barneys and 3 from seedsman. Don't really know which is better so we'll see, I want to end up with the 4 plants but because its my first time grow i am allowing the possibility of 2 dying doing germination/seedling.

Gonna germinate the seeds first by letting them drown in distilled water and then gonna put them in FF Ocean forest soil - beer cups and adjust the soil PH to 5.5-6.5. I am gonna sterilise the soil by baking it or putting it on electric cooker with water, been reading that there is a good possibility of infestation with commercial soils.

Once i plant the seed into the soil how often should i flower it doing germination till seedling begins?
I am thinking on avoiding nutes till a week or two into seedling, do you guys think this is a good idea?
How often should i give nutes and water doing germination and seedling?

Once i see the plant has began seedling and has leaves starting to grow well, I am gonna put it under LED light. I have found two good ones from what people say, but I am not sure which ones should i buy based on plant size.

According to the info i found, sweet tooth grows to around 70-90 cm (27-35 inches).

I am thinking on either two Mars Hydro 600 watt or four roleadro 138 watt LEDs. One mars can cover 3x2.5 square feet while one roleadro can cover 1x1 square feet. Which one do you guys think would be a better choice considering 4 plants with estimated 27-35 inch heigh?

Obviously Roleadro will make my bills smaller but maybe mars is worth it?

I am planning to put it on 20-4 for the whole life since its an auto.

What size pot should I buy for vegetative and flowering stages considering the estimated size? would 2.5 gallon pot be enough?
Does a bigger pot mean a bigger plant even for an auto?

Once the plant start approaching being big for the cup I am gonna transplant it into a pot and gonna water it with water PH 5.5-6.5 and also gonna add 1/4 dose of the vegetative nutes from ff trio and then throughout the vegetative stage start giving it a full dose 2-3 times a week. A good plastic pot with drainage holes. Gonna water it once an inch deep feels dry.

In early vegetative stage gonna bend the main stem into a spiral with some soft thin rope for LST so the plant grows many colas. Gonna be monitoring soil PH once a week.

Once the plant start getting into flowering stage gonna keep the nutes same and water too but gonna decrease temperature with bagged dry ice to 18-20 degrees celsius so the resin production goes up. Once i see good frosting and buds getting good signing time for soon harvest will decrease water and nutes one week prior to harvest and trim the plant.

Gonna flush couple days before harvest.

Any critic, tips, corrections are very welcome.

Also, do you think that a 48x48x80 tent will be enough for this grow?

Thanks in advance. :cheer:

4x4 tent is good. 2.5 gallon pots, good. The size of the pot won't make a huge difference for your autos.
If you are going to be running leds, before buying, check them out first. Power from wall. I used led last winter and was not impressed. It's harder to see bug infestation. A 400 or 600 watt ballast and bulb with a decent reflector will get you way better results in my opinion.
Don't forget intake air and exhaust. They need fresh air and need to expel heat.

I'm sure you'll figure it out. Look like you have a good plan to start. Good luck.

4x4 tent is good. 2.5 gallon pots, good. The size of the pot won't make a huge difference for your autos.
If you are going to be running leds, before buying, check them out first. Power from wall. I used led last winter and was not impressed. It's harder to see bug infestation. A 400 or 600 watt ballast and bulb with a decent reflector will get you way better results in my opinion.
Don't forget intake air and exhaust. They need fresh air and need to expel heat.

I'm sure you'll figure it out. Look like you have a good plan to start. Good luck.

Thanks man. Do you think that having an open window inside apartment and a small PC fan inside will be enough considering that one part of grow tent is open.

What do you mean by power from wall? Do you think with sterilise soil bug infestation is a possibility?

Bugs are always possibility, but don't fret over it. LEDs will do you fine although I'm a bulb and ballast guy. All you need is a small 4"extraction fan, most new set ups try without and end up setting up the exhaust fan. If not heat and humidity will become an issue. No need for an intake fan but do yourself a favour and purchase an exhaust fan. More light and more air the better the results.

With autos plant from germination to final pot. A taller pot will allow the tap root longer to grow before it bottoms out and starts the plant to flower

A tall 3 gal or 5 gal fabric pot is best

With FFOF you may never need nutes. I didn't add nutes to my Autos in FFOF till about 5 weeks in. The soil has great nutes in it so don't add nutes for awhile it u may burn them

I've used about 6 bags of FFOF and no bugs, I would bake the soil, you will be fine

I do a 20/4 light schedule myself and also have a 4x4 tent

Not an LED guy so others can help u there

Good luck

With autos plant from germination to final pot. A taller pot will allow the tap root longer to grow before it bottoms out and starts the plant to flower

A tall 3 gal or 5 gal fabric pot is best

With FFOF you may never need nutes. I didn't add nutes to my Autos in FFOF till about 5 weeks in. The soil has great nutes in it so don't add nutes for awhile it u may burn them

I've used about 6 bags of FFOF and no bugs, I would bake the soil, you will be fine

I do a 20/4 light schedule myself and also have a 4x4 tent

Not an LED guy so others can help u there

Good luck

Your setup is similar to mine. Have you ever tried growing Sweet tooth auto? Whats your average yield with autos?

Thanks, good luck with your future grows too.

No on the sweet tooth

Been an oz or so but was really my 1st grow

I have a Hempy Siberian Haze Auto I bet I get a real good harvest from

Autos aren't necessarily Gunna give u a huge harvest but are much faster and s fun way to try various strains

No on the sweet tooth

Been an oz or so but was really my 1st grow

I have a Hempy Siberian Haze Auto I bet I get a real good harvest from

Autos aren't necessarily Gunna give u a huge harvest but are much faster and s fun way to try various strains

Did you use LST on your first grow?

Sweet tooth apparently has a yield of 600 grams/m2. Its a high yielding strain based. I am hoping to make around 2-3ozs a plant.

Did you use LST on your first grow?

Sweet tooth apparently has a yield of 600 grams/m2. Its a high yielding strain based. I am hoping to make around 2-3ozs a plant.
I topped at about day 15 on them all, 4-5th node, then lst as needed to promote growth

Light is a big reason for BIG growth, 3 oz on an auto is a lot

This is Siberian Haze Auto
She just stopped stretching
420-magazine-mobile1094362849.jpg

I topped at about day 15 on them all, 4-5th node, then lst as needed to promote growth

Light is a big reason for BIG growth, 3 oz on an auto is a lot

This is Siberian Haze Auto
She just stopped stretching
420-magazine-mobile1094362849.jpg

Looks decent. I know that topping is not advised with autos. How much are you expecting with that Siberian?

So you think the more light = more growth, but at what point the light will reach a plateau in returns - saturation point.

Yeah, saw some guys grow journal on grass city about sweet tooth auto. He has 3 oz without the stems. Its a high yielding strain.

I am reading up now on techniques to increase bud and resin production. Apparently red light and stressing the plant at last couple weeks of flowering ups THC content and bud size.

Looks decent. I know that topping is not advised with autos. How much are you expecting with that Siberian?

So you think the more light = more growth, but at what point the light will reach a plateau in returns - saturation point.

Yeah, saw some guys grow journal on grass city about sweet tooth auto. He has 3 oz without the stems. Its a high yielding strain.

I am reading up now on techniques to increase bud and resin production. Apparently red light and stressing the plant at last couple weeks of flowering ups THC content and bud size.

I've topped and not topped

Topped had more buds, untopped had a nice big cola, topped probably gave me more harvest, untopped looked sexier...lol

Best thing is getting 2700k and 6000k spectrum lights, mix of veg and flower. My Siberian really stretched a lot and that's what u want

I'm hoping for 2oz, dried, no stems. It's my favorite Auto I've grown so far

I've topped and not topped

Topped had more buds, untopped had a nice big cola, topped probably gave me more harvest, untopped looked sexier...lol

Best thing is getting 2700k and 6000k spectrum lights, mix of veg and flower. My Siberian really stretched a lot and that's what u want

I'm hoping for 2oz, dried, no stems. It's my favorite Auto I've grown so far

Hmm seems promising. I will probably top too when i can see 6 nodes or so. Then will do a spiral LST.

Hey check out GROWant lights
Everyone seems real happy with them and they are a sponsor, they gave a thread here so u can ask questions

May be a good light option, I'm debating on trying one in my veg tent

I'd be sure and vent

6" inline and when it's time to flower get a charcoal filter

I use an oscillating fan and another stand up fan horizontal on the wall
Can see it here
420-magazine-mobile1705505737.jpg

Air moving is good....

I'd be sure and vent

6" inline and when it's time to flower get a charcoal filter

I use an oscillating fan and another stand up fan horizontal on the wall
Can see it here
420-magazine-mobile1705505737.jpg

Air moving is good....
looks great.

I am gonna go with 4 inch input, 4 inch output with carbon filter from Ipower. You think this is a good choice, or should I just ditch the input fan and instead put in a oscillating one and rely on passive air flow?

Back
Top Bottom