Purple leaves and green buds

spank0r

420 Member
Hi guys, my first post here.

I'm a bit concerned about my plant because:

1) It's getting cold out (around 55 F right now outside, cold day)
2) The leaves are turning purple
3) I don't know how typically big buds get

I've read that a lack of phosphorus might be a cause but I've been using plant food regularily so I don't know. I also thought maybe it could be cause it's getting colder outside... or perhaps the genetics? I might bring it inside anyway even though it stinks to high heaven cause I don't want it to die.

Some pics, in case any obvious problems can be spotted. Thanks in advance to anyone reading or watching. This is the first plant I've ever grown in my life.

0o7xScA.jpg
u4ULOii.jpg
sUz0qcg.jpg
AvF9UUr.jpg

From my experience leaves do turn purple on some strains from colder temps. The plant looks really healthy to me. No tip burn or anything.

My advice would be to keep doing what u doing and look for any significant deficiencies. Keep posting pics and we will be here to help bro.
Grow that shit.

Those temps are on the very low side though. If you can bring it inside then do so. Will promote better growth on warmer temps

Thanks guys. I'll keep an eye on the temperature and maybe bring it inside soon. It's been all outdoors the whole time and I live in Canada so it's starting to get cold now that we're in October.

Hey guys,

Well I harvested this plant last week not really knowing how to do it and smoked some. It hit me pretty good and I don't normally smoke often so that might also be why too. I think I waited too long though since the plant started getting very "thin" and stopped smelling, and lots of the trichomes are amberish and kinda small.

The strain is BC Big Bud from Jordan of the Islands.

It was my first grow and I didn't really know what I was doing and probably made all sorts of mistakes, but in the end I got some decent quality bud I think. Going to give some to a friend so he can sample it and confirm.

Next time I'll see if I can figure out any of the more advanced methods like SCROG (if it's possible even do outside), and keep a much better idea of what I'm doing with nutrients, etc. I didn't even check the pH once.

Your plant looks a lot like my outdoor-grown of unknown strain. Thanks for adding your strain info, I was trying to figure out what I had, and it may be a very similar type. I also live in area with those temps in October, and my plant had beautiful purple leaves and many bud sites/branches. Here's a few pics of mine for comparison.

Just cut and hanging waiting to be trimmed.
20171017_100846.jpg

20171017_093823.jpg

Back
Top Bottom