Humidity issue

closetop

Hey guys, I'm wondering if a humidity of 35% is too low in veg.?

I have a 600 watt hps cooled by air pulled into room from outside and gets filtered through the light as i haven't gotten around to putting exhaust in.

So im at 77 degrees
And 35% humidity after watering in soil.

Am I ok?

I have a 600 watt hps cooled by air pulled into room from outside and gets filtered through the light as i haven't gotten around to putting exhaust in.

So im at 77 degrees

Am I ok?

Hi closetop.
Sounds like u getting things dialled in..the humidity is a little low, but the important thing is u got the temperature under control.
The humidity for veg (ideally), should b over 50%, peaking at about 65%-70 at most. Now 35% is not gonna hurt your plants, rather raising it slightly will just improve your plants growth and happiness...
I've vegged with humidity at 30% lots of time, like I said they've done well alright.
If you want to raise the humidity then u can, obviously buy a humidifier. Or on the cheap you can, spray the inside of grow room with water couple times a day (bit dangerous), or a wet towel hung in your room, the bottom of the towel sitting in a container of water.if you blow a fan across the towel (voila) instant humidifier. .
But please remember water and electric dont like each other, be safe!!!!
Lastly humidity in flowering needs to b under 50%, so when that happens u sound.

So im at 77 degrees

Am I ok?
Yes it to low you have to have above 40% best humidity is up 2 70% and minimum 45% of humidity in veg stage and flowering also in between 40 and 50%

Ya I turned outside air off lol it will be back
at 50 by the time i get up

Closetop,
When u say you turned the outside air of, do you mean the extraction, air entering grow.
Me personally, would prefer the air exchange and staying at 35%.(your temps are perfect).then if I wanted, I'd raise the humidity another way..air exchange is important to me..especially when you have the temps dialled in...at 35% its not to dire, you only need to raise it a little.

Heres my new setup 600 watt mh on a rail to move the light

420-magazine-mobile1403242358.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1341220417.jpg

420-magazine-mobile195028863.jpg

420-magazine-mobile119626302.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2032363120.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1510038744.jpg

Those plant are og kush, zombie kush,blueberry headband and gorilla glue and a few assorted pathetic autos lol.

This is getting weaved into a trellice than flipped

Those plant are og kush, zombie kush,blueberry headband and gorilla glue and a few assorted pathetic autos lol.

You need to move that light closer they are stretched a lot top them and move light closer transplant them and let them grow for week they will do good

Closetop
That's a massive space you got there, what I'd give to have a space like that.
One thing, because that space is so big you're asking that 600w to do quite alot.even with the light mover (which is awesome) dont think it has enough power to cover that whole area with high enough par/lumens . especially in flower, thats alot of space.
What you could do is, group your plants closer.then shorten the distance the mover has to travel (if it has that capability ).
When you get to flowering and plants are larger, you may want to add another light, or additional side lighting.
Big space takes big light coverage.
If you got any questions, just ask.

Ya its in veg these are reasons I dont show pics lol
It's going too all be trelliced and the light will cover the exact
Amount of space the light can handle a 4x4. I have professional help who set his shit up for me to use and trust me ill get more than u think just wait for pics when we flip not to mention 1k watts is my hood max. so hows moving a light over an 8 ft span at 600 watts not equivalent to 3 of them ?. I'm not getting shadows, or hot Spots on my plants because it is moving every 30 seconds this is the proper way to light your plants and trust me just that 600 will do some crazy shit but were using 1k for flower likely this is just veg pre trellice

Ya its in veg these are reasons I dont show pics
lol
Amount of space the light can handle a 4x4. I have professional help who set his shit up for me to use and trust me ill get more than u think just wait for pics when we flip not to mention 1k watts is my hood max. so hows moving a light over an 8 ft span at 600 watts not equivalent to 3 of them ?. I'm not getting shadows, or hot Spots on my plants because it is moving every 30 seconds this is the proper way to light your plants and trust me just that 600 will do some crazy shit but were using 1k for flower likely this is just veg pre trellice

There you go, I'll stand down..you got it well covered. ..well jealous, sounds great.
Open a journal when it goes up a gear
Happy growing

This is just to. Finnish soil they weren't in there originally that was flower room so. I'm vegging them into their preflower area. I'm sounding colder than I mean to pennywise and sinful will vouch I'm in pretty deep and handle myself well i dont want to start journal till flower as I'm going to a 55 gallon pump drain hydro system with barneys tripple cheese i appreciate the help dont get me wrong

Amount of space the light can handle a 4x4. I have professional help who set his shit up for me to use and trust me ill get more than u think just wait for pics when we flip not to mention 1k watts is my hood max. so hows moving a light over an 8 ft span at
600 watts not equivalent to 3 of them ?. I'm not getting shadows, or hot Spots on my plants because it is moving every 30 seconds this is the proper way to light your plants and trust me just that 600 will do some crazy shit but were using 1k for flower likely this is just veg pre trellice

There you go, I'll stand down..you got it well covered. ..well jealous, sounds great.
Open a journal when it goes up a gear
Happy growing

About your question about the 8ft, it takes so much time for the light to get from 1 end to other.if you multiply the amount of time the end plants are in low par lighting, you would b surprised how little light they getting. Like I said you b better shortening the run and grouping your plants together.

Just want out of soil so I can grow something substantial l ol soil hasnt been a thing I like due to cost and salt buildups etc

K it takes all of. A. Minute thats what I mean theres 2 stops in it. Only stops at each end for 30 seconds than. Moves so it all gets the same amount so the 2 ends do the best I can set it for any time I want so they all get the same amount almost way more effective than sticking a stationary light over plants

The whole science behind the rail is that it does the exact opposite of wat your saying if you are right than im still getting more light than if it was stationary irregardless

If the end gets 12 seconds more than the rest in flower its ok they will still do better than having 2 600 watts over 8ft ive seen the results off the light and rail first hand bigger than most I have ever seen he gets 2 pounds easy per plant. Remember I have a professional grower teaching me and using his equipment he uses so I'm in good hands but I appreciate help but cannot let you think thats correct.

Go to lightrail3.com and see the science behing why any stationary light is inefficient

Just want out of soil so I can grow something substantial l ol soil hasnt been a thing I like due to cost and salt buildups etc

Sorry closetop im having difficulty replying.
I do NFT hydro myself, gets great results and I know what you mean about soil (and its heavy)..
Look mate, I wasn't trying to step on your toes or anything about the light.you put alot of thought and effort in it.that comes across. Do you know 420 members canna montana and nismo12, they use a similar light mover in flower as yourself. I remember the debate they had on there site covered this, they ended up having add extra lught.maybe I should of raised it as a question rather than saying you should, and for that I'm sorry.
Might b worth searching canna and nismo site . like I said they covered that subject really well. Might b some great information there. ..
Like I said, looks like you know what you doing wasn't up for giving you a hard time.
Like u said you only asked about the rh lol
Happy growing.
Peace.

Nah i havent met them this isnt my equipment so ive never flower. Using it he gets 2 pounds per plant using 55 gallon hydro and he does like 2 and uses a tent to do 1 that produces more than I can in soil . what i meant is soil indoors will never touch rwdc or pump and drain hydro in size it will blow your mind this is mine

420-magazine-mobile205559553.jpg

Back
Top Bottom