LST stem pruning question

basiltherat

Hi,

Once you get this far (i.e. 7 stems pointing upwards, all about same height, one main one and 6 side branches growing upwards from the main stem that you tied down) do you then prune out side shoots from the main stem?

If the aim is for about 8 tops/colas per square foot, then I assume the side branches of the main stem need to go or it will get too crowded.

b8bee7f2a3550ad89f170bbcaa6c004f.jpg

These are the shoots I mean, coming off the vertical part of stem, they will be beneath main canopy and get no light i presume? It is 2 weeks into 12/12

IMG_20171014_091642.jpg

Hey, I used that pull-it-over-on-its-side technique for the hydro grow in my sig file. (It's not a technique that seems to get used very often.)

As for the volunteers farther down, I'd suggest that you wait a while and see how they do. They may just give you some extra colas that you want.

My defoliating method was to pinch off anything damaged or discolored, anything that was always in shade, anything that was blocking air circulation too much, and anything that shaded a bud. (That's just something I worked out on my own. Let your common sense and daily interaction with your plant be your guide in addition to the experience of others.)

BTW, "LST stem pruning" is kind of a misnomer cuz pruning ain't low stress training. Just a quibble. ;) Good luck and have fun!

Thanks very much for the advice, I think the lower branches will be in the shade the whole time, unless I get some side lighting (led strip), so maybe they should go. Things are getting pretty crowded in the bucket.

Plant is 6 weeks from germination, grown in biobizz with no nutrients thus far.

The main stem has kicked out some big leaves that now cover the 6 stems that came up after the LST

eETf5TV.jpg

Thanks Scientific. That is a truly impressive journey, thank you for the effort of tracking all that. Good to see that the end may not be too far away, I am hoping another 4 weeks. I don't imagine it will match yours as I am confined to the bucket!

Hi,

Once you get this far (i.e. 7 stems pointing upwards, all about same height, one main one and 6 side branches growing upwards from the main stem that you tied down) do you then prune out side shoots from the main stem?

If the aim is for about 8 tops/colas per square foot, then I assume the side branches of the main stem need to go or it will get too crowded.

b8bee7f2a3550ad89f170bbcaa6c004f.jpg

These are the shoots I mean, coming off the vertical part of stem, they will be beneath main canopy and get no light i presume? It is 2 weeks into 12/12

IMG_20171014_091642.jpg
Just let all the tops grow upwards that's how I grow outdoor prune those fan leaves off won't hurt anything u want all the tops u can get top top top 😊

Back
Top Bottom