Transplant Depth

WeedWhacker

420 Member
Hi folks, I'm new and I just purchased some feminized white widow seeds. I have been starting vegetables and flowers indoors, under grow lights, for years. Last year I even started a couple of pot plants from a few seeds that I had found in a bag of weed. I used a seed starting mix like ProMix. The ones I grew last year were planted directly into the seed starter mix but I will be following the suggested germination method provided with the seeds with one question though. When I transplant the sprouted seeds into the growing medium, do I bury them or leave them on the surface. I suspect bury them but how deep, the depth of the seed itself? Any help would be appreciated :thumb:

Hi folks, I'm new and I just purchased some feminized white widow seeds. I have been starting vegetables and flowers indoors, under grow lights, for years. Last year I even started a couple of pot plants from a few seeds that I had found in a bag of weed. I used a seed starting mix like ProMix. The ones I grew last year were planted directly into the seed starter mix but I will be following the suggested germination method provided with the seeds with one question though. When I transplant the sprouted seeds into the growing medium, do I bury them or leave them on the surface. I suspect bury them but how deep, the depth of the seed itself? Any help would be appreciated :thumb:
U mean the seed with a tap root??

Plant it 1/4" deep, and loose soil on top, do NOT pack the soil over the seed

I usually try and point the tap root down if I can when I put it in soil

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom