Using colloidal silver to make feminized pollen

Deebachstein

Hi I have been spraying colloidal silver on some clones now since 9-14 I changed the light the same day I started spraying. So they are flowering . Has anyone tried this process before? I am trying to produce feminized pollen. I don't see male pollen sacks yet . I have sprayed once a day thoroughly with 50ppm strength . Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong I don't know how to get photos on here yet

Hi I have been spraying colloidal silver on som
e clones now since 9-14 I changed the light the same day I started spraying. So they are flowering . Has anyone tried this process before? I am trying to produce feminized pollen. I don't see male pollen sacks yet . I have sprayed once a day thoroughly with 50ppm strength . Does anyone know if I'm doing something wrong I don't know how to get photos on here yet

Hi deebachstein
There is quite a few 420 members using this method at the moment. If you use the search bar at the top of the page and enter colloidal silver, it should direct you to lots of journals and information.
Sounds like you doing the correct thing, but it does take a lot of spraying once or twice a day for a week or two if I recall correctly.

There's a little icon at the top of the reply window that looks like the planet earth with a chain link. Select the text you want to link to and click that and paste in the URL.

That's how you do it on a desktop machine. You have to hunt around more on the mobile app...

Trying to link you to DR ZIGGY GROW journal, dont know what im doing.

Some of them have the male characteristics I am not sure what to do at this point I have about 25 plants in the room that I am spraying I have sprayed them for 30 days already do I stop spraying the ones that have the male signs and continue spraying the ones that don't. And what do I do with the ones that are showing . I have only found info up to this point if anyone can help I'd appreciate it . I did upload photos last night but I don't know where they are

Some of them have the male characteristics I am not sure what to do at this point I have about 25 plants in the room that I am spraying I have sprayed them for 30 days already do I stop spraying the ones that have the male signs and continue spraying the ones that don't. And what do I do with the ones that are showing . I have only found info up to this point if anyone can help I'd appreciate it . I did upload photos last night but I don't know where they are

The link posted by smeghead (ha I'm watching Red Dwarf right now) is a gold mine of information. I've personally found electro gypsy to have the best information regarding spraying CS on to reverse and how much, when to stop, etc.

Creating Female Seeds Using Colloidal Silver - With Doc Buds High Brix Blend Kit

So electro gypsy pretty much advocates for 2-3 treatments overall, but most important with one while the pollen sacks are developed but not fully opened.

In my own experience, I did pretty regular treatments, but then ceased once I started seeing pollen sacs and did ONE more the second I noticed one split. I didn't get much pollen, but I did get avoid having totally sterile sacs as others have ran into.

In my opinion you have to balance things out. The plants still need to remain healthy to function, and CS treatments seem to be a high-stress endeavor. Micro-treatments seem to allow the plant to continue growth again, whereas continual and repeated treatments will stunt a plant. The same direct correlation of big plants translating into big buds seems to hold true for reversing plants as well. If you just spray a plant continually so that it stays stunted and never grows with vigor, it will not ever really mature to the point where it can do any of the functions needed to produce staminate flowers any better than it would produce pistillate flowers.

As far as what to do with them, that depends on what your looking to do. You can collect pollen by placing breathable parchment sacks around the flowers as they begin to open and drop the pollen. You can also just put them into a room with females to open pollinate, but with the latter you need to pay closer attention to timing. Again the linked thread has a wealth of information about that.

So anyway, whether you choose to collect the pollen or let it spread openly to other female plants, you basically have limitless options. You can do self-pollination, familial pollination, out-crossing, etc. Realistically it depends on your goals what you want to do because there's so much you can do with this.

I'm guessing you just want a stock of seeds that will be similar to their parents but all female so you don't have to keep buying seeds? You have to check out self-pollination for that then. It's a little nuanced, but not at all complicated. You pick a clone like you ordinarily would of a strain, that you really like and want to keep that exact cut off, but then you just use pollen from ones you've reversed against clones you didn't reverse. It's not an exact propagation method like cloning however, because the two sets of DNA can still get scrambled up in different ways BUT you'll have a lot more plants that are like their parents using this and a few "mutants" that you have to cull out. This is compared to say, reversing one plant that came from seed against another that came from seed, which will be a familial generation and can lead to offspring that are nothing at all like their parents. They'll be female, but nothing like the weed you wanted.

Back
Top Bottom