My plant doesn't want to grow?

SVA10

Hello everyone. First, sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, it's my first time using this forum.

I germinated this seed 6 days ago, my first attempt to grow a cannabis plant, took me 24h using the paper towel method, then i placed the seed on the soil and after ~20h the thing was out, i had to manually remove the seed "helmet".

The seed is in the soil now for 5 full days, and it only has the 2 cotyledons, and 2 "cannabis" leaves! Is this normal? Should i just wait?

(Pic and more info below)

Soil- BioBizz Light Mix

Seed - Sweet Skunk Auto

Light - CFL

Temps - 25 ºC ~ 33 ºC

I grow outdoor and indoor. At night and cold days indoor and during the warm days outdoor.

I really don't know what im doing wrong, since it's the first time, i also went with a Auto because it's easier for me. And the seed is in a 6L pot because i was told that you can't transplant Auto seeds. Hope someone can help me! Thanks!

Sorry if some words are wrong, English is not my main language.

Z0Bf3Z3.jpg
g2vFL8L.jpg

This is the right place for the question, and your English looks about perfect to me. ;)

Everything looks good. My only question is how close is the CFL to the plant? You will get the best results when your CFL is just a few inches (75 mm or so) from the plant. You want it as close as possible, but don't get the plant too warm. Use the "back of the hand" test to see if it is too close.

A foil reflector on the CFL can help to increase the light too.

And of course unless you are growing primarily in sunlight, you are going to want to add a lot more CFLs or household LED light bulbs as the plant grows.

Good luck and have fun! :)

10 lights (CFLs and LED light bulbs) on one 16" dwarf (and a 12 watt LED grow lamp too)
2017-05-24_Day_65_1130_001.JPG

This is the right place for the question, and your English looks about perfect to me. ;)

Everything looks good. My only question is how close is the CFL to the plant? You will get the best results when your CFL is just a few inches (75 mm or so) from the plant. You want it as close as possible, but don't get the plant too warm. Use the "back of the hand" test to see if it is too close.

A foil reflector on the CFL can help to increase the light too.

And of course unless you are growing primarily in sunlight, you are going to want to add a lot more CFLs or household LED light bulbs as the plant grows.

Good luck and have fun! :)

10 lights (CFLs and LED light bulbs) on one 16" dwarf (and a 12 watt LED grow lamp too)
2017-05-24_Day_65_1130_001.JPG

Thanks for the reply! The lights are not that close to the plant, i will lower the light a little bit right now. I have a foil reflector and 3 CFL's is that enough at least for now?

For a tiny plant like that, just one 23-watt CFL would be plenty if it was up close. :)

Oh really? I tought that i had to get more :p i have 1 with 11w, one with 20w and one with 15w. [Two blue and one yellow.] Should i remove two or keep the 3 lights and adjust the height?

Oh really? I tought that i had to get more :p i have 1 with 11w, one with 20w and one with 15w. [Two blue and one yellow.] Should i remove two or keep the 3 lights and adjust the height?

It's only when they are really tiny that you can have just one bulb very close. Very quickly you will need more lights.

If you buy a $20 lux meter, 80,000 to 100,000 lux is what you want. (But don't use a phone app lux meter. They are worse than worthless and give very misleading readings.)

It's only when they are really tiny that you can have just one bulb very close. Very quickly you will need more lights.

If you buy a $20 lux meter, 80,000 to 100,000 lux is what you want. (But don't use a phone app lux meter. They are worse than worthless and give very misleading readings.)

Alright. Thanks for the info! I will see if i can find a cheap Lux Meter, i was looking for one at the store that i bought my seeds but the cheapest is 60 dollars.

I will post an update in a few days.

By the way, since the plant that im growing it's an Auto, will the slow grow affect anything?

Alright. Thanks for the info! I will see if i can find a cheap Lux Meter, i was looking for one at the store that i bought my seeds but the cheapest is 60 dollars.

I will post an update in a few days.

By the way, since the plant that im growing it's an Auto, will the slow grow affect anything?

Oh, unless you're an instrument nut like me you probably don't really need a lux meter. (And they're not good for "blurble" light from LED lamps.) Shoot for the same amount of light as on a sunny summer day. Cannabis loves light. ;)

I'm not sure what you mean about slow growth affecting autos. Autos do bloom pretty much right on schedule (unless you plant them outside when it's cold and dark or something), so you want to give them the best growing conditions you can during the three or so weeks before they start to bloom. (Well actually of course you want to give them good growing conditions all the time, but with autos if you mess up you can't just leave them in their vegetative stage longer.)

Oh, unless you're an instrument nut like me you probably don't really need a lux meter. (And they're not good for "blurble" light from LED lamps.) Shoot for the same amount of light as on a sunny summer day. Cannabis loves light. ;)

I'm not sure what you mean about slow growth affecting autos. Autos do bloom pretty much right on schedule (unless you plant them outside when it's cold and dark or something), so you want to give them the best growing conditions you can during the three or so weeks before they start to bloom. (Well actually of course you want to give them good growing conditions all the time, but with autos if you mess up you can't just leave them in their vegetative stage longer.)

Ah, i just tought that my plant was too small for the age [5-6 Days] and i tought that i was going to have problems later like flowering when the plant is still too small etc.

It's ok to place them in the sun now and then? And at night in my grow room? Also, should i turn the lights off for some hours at this point? Im using a 24/0 light schedule since the plant was "born".

The only problem I can think of with putting the plant out in the sun is picking up bugs (or having it stolen, or having the cops find it if you're in a place where it's not legal).

I think I mentioned that I had a good grow with 24 hours of light.

The only problem I can think of with putting the plant out in the sun is picking up bugs (or having it stolen, or having the cops find it if you're in a place where it's not legal).

I think I mentioned that I had a good grow with 24 hours of light.

Ah great then. They can't steal it or see the plant, i live in a closed property, the only problem is the bugs maybe.

I will only take advantage of the warmer days and if it's not worth it, i will place them inside with a 24h light.

I will post some pics in a few days to get some feedback on how the plant is going. ;) Again thank you very much for all the help!

Back
Top Bottom