Hello all

scomstock55

Can anyone tell me how I can determine if my General Hydroponics Rainforest 66 is working? It is full with 13 gallons of solution, I hear the motor and can feel a rotational movement (kinda like a washing machine) but I don't hear, feel, or see any mist. A friend said that maybe it only mists every once in a while, but I didn't find any thing mentioning that in the user manual. Thanks for any help I can get.

In your post yesterday I suggested trying the hydroponics forum

Another thought would be to contact GH at their website. They do answer questions.

thanks man. I'm gonna call GH directly. I appreciate you taking time to answer my question. I though I had the Ph correct yesterday, but went down today and it was over 7. I used ph down and got it to 6. Is there a period that I should wait before checking, after adding an up or down treatment? I made sure the solution was stirred well.

Chasing pH seems to be part of the hydro experience. There are some good articles at the GH website that I recommend you read. One says not to worry too much about pH.

The pH of pure water can change very easily. Only when it gets some chemicals in there to buffer does it start to stabilize. That stuff gets kinda complicated. And that's just the static part. Once you get big plants in there and growing fast it all gets even more dynamic.

Chasing pH seems to be part of the hydro experience. There are some good articles at the GH website that I recommend you read. One says not to worry too much about pH.

The pH of pure water can change very easily. Only when it gets some chemicals in there to buffer does it start to stabilize. That stuff gets kinda complicated. And that's just the static part. Once you get big plants in there and growing fast it all gets even more dynamic.

I got it to come down to 6.0 I'm gonna let it sit overnight and check again in the morning. It looks like I will be getting a new sprayer.

Back
Top Bottom