Nutrients & run off

Blowing trees

Hi guys I'm new to this and I am not sure if I'm posting on the correct place. I have a autoflower grow going at the moment (critical+ auto dinafem) not the best but practice. I feed her 1.6 EC, PH 6.2/6.5. In coco and clay pebbles mix. I use to give her EC of 1.0 before but ever since I upped it to 1.6 EC I'm seeing quick growth. I checked the run off the PH is 6.3. And EC is 2.4 on the run off. Should I be worried due to the EC running off being 2.4? Some of my leaves are turning from light green to yellow. But I read from the seed bank this specific strain is a light green plant. Help :( (hand feeding) Just wondering is it nearly time to harvest due to the colour change or something worse I was thinking of giving her a flush but not sure what the issue is
420-magazine-mobile439251867.jpg

Im pretty new myself, but it soumds to me like you could do with a flush on the pot then just go back to normal feeding. The yellowing is natural later in flower as the plant draws on all its stored nutrients in the leaves to use for making even more bud.
Really though there are a whole host of things that could be going on. We would need a lot more info to give you accurate answers.

Thank you for the reply! I will give it a flush today later on. I think it's near enough to harvest that's why it's slowly yellowing. I wasn't so bothered about this plant due to work and everything, I got it under 250w hps

Thank you for the reply! I will give it a flush today later on. I think it's near enough to harvest that's why it's slowly yellowing. I wasn't so bothered about this plant due to work and everything, I got it under 250w hps

Hi blowing trees
some great advice there from GM above.
if I can add one thing.after you flush, the ph needs to be lower at about 5.8.you said your medium is coco and clay pebbles, that makes it hydro...you need the lower ph so the plant can absorb the nutrients.
Happy growing

Thanks for the advice it's just everywhere I read everyone says different things. Today I shall flush till run off has no nutrients, and when feeding PH at 5.8 should the EC still be at usual 1.6? Or start of with less feed?

Mate thats a mess. Your feed and ph is wrong and that wont recover. Im an expert coco grower. If you look in the coco threads i have a coco thread om how to grow and a full feed schedule.

That yellowing is nute burn and ph lock out.

NEVER flusb coco with water during cycle, it will ruin the coco environment. You must give nutes everyday from day 1 until you flush at the end. Then you will give water only for 7-14days depending on pot size, nutes used and strain.

I dont know how to on this mobile app mate sorry. I hate this app. I normally use the desktop version and then there are links in my signature.

If you search my name in search bar you should find me there. Or if you go to the 'how to' threads you will see a one for coco. I have a thread there titled how to grow in coco with feed schedule.

Honest your plants are awful and i dont say that to insult you, i want to help you. The plants should be lush green with no spots or yellowing at all with juicy buds. Its true that leaves yellow toward the end of the plants life but it looks diff to that. Run off isnt that important when growing in coco, the only time my plants ever get run off is at the end when i start flushing with water.

Your ph is to high. The range is 5.4-6.2. 5.4-5.7 is slightly better in veg and 5.7-6.2 in flower. But it also matters what nutes you use as some have a larger ph range than others depending on how they are manufactured.

Your ec is also high for a couple of reasons. Autos are way more nute sensitive than photoperiod plants and small tweaks in nute strength has larger impact. So going from 1.0-1.6ec (500ppm-800ppm) is a large just jump. Its a 60% jump which is too much.

The plants are only getting 250w of hps light which isnt enough to grow weed properly. You need minimum 400w of actual draw for growing weed. People can say anything they like but its pointless with less than that which i will get into in a second. But because the light isnt strong enough the plants nutrient needs will be lower. It wont be able to convert the nutes into usuable components. So if you are a marathon runner for example, you will burn more calories more efficiently than someone who does no physical exercise. You could take those 2 diff people and give them the same healthy higher calorie diet, but the sedentary person is likely to still become overweight and suffer possible health problems due to excess calorie intake that is not being used up because the engine isnt running hard enough to use the nutes optimally. The problem you have with the plants is that instead of becoming overweight with excess nutrient, they get salt build ups in the rootzone which then further prevents nutrient uptake and in turn plants actually end up becoming deficient of nutes then it shows with burn marks, dead and yellowing leaves, poor bud development etc.

You really need 400w min to grow decent healthy plants. It will give enough energy from light for photosynthesis to give a healthier, strong plant with larger buds. With the extra light the plants can handle the higher ec and they will actually use what you give them.

Finally in coco you MUST feed nutrients everyday from day 1 until you start the final flush. This is because coco is HYDROPONIC medium. You cannot over water coco providing you have correct drainage on pots. Its nothing like soil and must be treated hydroponically. Feeding daily will keep the medium optimal EC/PPM and PH range which will mean no spikes and drops and crrating a nice environment for a rootzone to flourish. Feeding daily will oxyenate the rootzone. Optimally you would feed coco 2 or 3 times daily but minimum once.

If you find my journals. Have a read through and please feel free to ask questions. Sorry i dont know how to put the links in for you.

Yes cultivator I found it and subscribed to it thanks mate
No I appreactie the honesty, I use to give them EC 0.8 but realised I couldn't see any growth, when I start feeding EC 1.6 everyday they was getting bigger. I'm usining canna A+B at the moment. Now I understand because I'm getting advice from the best there is. I like the examples you are giving I understand more better now. And by readin your thread on here aswell as you coco thread I understand my mistakes. I have found your journal and already subscribed to it thank you. My next one will be 900/1000w led same coco and clay pebbles mix strain custard cream indica. What do you think of sensi products. As I am planning on getting sensi grow (coco A+B) sensi bloom (coco A+B)?

Yes sensi products are fine. The recipe i have is developed over years of growing 10000's of plants. If you can stick with as close to that recipe as poss you wont go wrong. Ditch the canna as they are not great.

Are you in europe? What led do you plan to use? I still much prefer hps no matter what anyone says, although ive had some great results with ninth planet quasar leds 1030w.

Nutrients & run off

Yes I read a lot of good thing about sensi but I thought I'll ask you seeing as though you are experienced and know your stuff. Yes I'm going to use your coco and nutrients as a journal. Yes I'm in Europe uk. I'm going to use led due to less heat. I used a 600HPS a while back but just to much heat! I'm not sure on the exact name of the of the led but I shall show you a image. Beside the sensi grow and bloom. Do I need any other nutrients? B52? Voodoo juice?
420-magazine-mobile1199001614.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1635078115.jpg

This looks good. All the reviews are good aswell ..
I have the Viparspectra 450W and its ok. I didn't like it at first but tbh its decent enough. I only use it to veg though. And the coverage isn't all that great. I have mine in a 3'x3' tent and the outer edges are a bit weak really. If I had 2 it would be grand. Id recommend 2 smaller lights over 1 large panel as its easier to get better coverage and also if something breaks its not game over.

Back
Top Bottom