Problems with Foxfarm products being too hot - Way too hot

oldtokemaster

recently purchased the soil trio pack from fox farm...tiger bloom ..grow big...etc....
followed the schedule exactly and in a week the nute burn was so bad all lower sunleaves died and curled up...totally wrecked my entire crop....nice stuff....
I did a google search and this is not a isolated case....many others had same problem from what i read.....
I wanted to try something new but it still made me dump it all out and go back to guano.....i have been growing for 20 yrs and never seen anything this fukin hot......unreal....
anyone else run across this too?.....i am afraid to water this down and try again.....not after ruining my crop ....think i will stick with bat guano.....

So sorry, OTM, but your experience is all too common, and not just with FF nutes. Nebula Haze says she thinks that they recommend dosing on the high side because they want to sell more bottles, and I think she might be right. If so that's too bad, since counseling growers to start with a mild batch and then gently increase if desired would serve their customers better.

Please don't be discouraged, though (much as I love the idea of cannabis grown in bat poop ;). Just start with 1/2 the recommended and you should be fine--that seems to most people's experience around here.

recently purchased the soil trio pack from fox farm...tiger bloom ..grow big...etc....
followed the schedule exactly and in a week the nute burn was so bad all lower sunleaves died and curled up...totally wrecked my entire crop....nice stuff....
I did a google search and this is not a isolated case....many others had same problem from what i read.....
I wanted to try something new but it still made me dump it all out and go back to guano.....i have been growing for 20 yrs and never seen anything this fukin hot......unreal....
anyone else run across this too?.....i am afraid to water this down and try again.....not after ruining my crop ....think i will stick with bat guano.....
Agree with Scientific..I've never ran Fox Farm nutes at above 1/2 strength and have had great success

Most growers recommend at 1/2 strengths

Start at 1/4 strength and slowly go up

I can relate to this thread. My current grow is in FFOF soil, plus I am using the same FF trio since seedling. I'm 60 days in from seed pop, and had leaf tip burning after 42 days at 50% strength. I had just 1 feeding so far where I spaced off measuring my PH because I was in a hurry, and after that my leaves higher up on the plant started yellowing, and then leaf tip burning set in as well. I'll give you my experience on FF trio. I use RO water at a perfect 7.0 PH. After adding the Cal-Mag, Grow Big and Big Bloom, my PH drops into the 4.9 range. It takes patience to inch it back up to 6.5. I used to do that mixing dance on a per plant basis. Now I have gotten smarter and mix 1 large batch in a 5 gallon bucket for all my plants and it speeds up the process considerably and less chance of a miscalc or overage on something. My point here is I feel the soil is "hot" to begin with, and the trio is potent; these nute effects can build in the soil. When I first started growing I used to wonder why I got better growth when I just fed them water, and why they appeared somewhat stressed after nutes (especially more so the longer time went on) Then I looked at the FF trio feeding schedule for the products - they have a flush listed on the 5th week, and recommend 3 flushes in a 12 week cycle. I'm thinking its because they need it. I have used the SledgeHammer flush (good stuff) and for the first few nute cycles after flush, the FF Boomerang. (2-.2-.3) and its making things right again. My message here is to understand these products are rich and can build up over time. The growth I am seeing though is unreal. I like the products now that I understand them better. I agree that starting at 25% is the right place to start. Easy to nudge up if you use the right spoons when mixing. Shake the crap out of the bottles too before dispensing, some of their products are thick and I feel its better. Sorry to hear OTM lost his crop to it. If it wasn't for everyone telling me here at 420 that they run FF Trio no higher than 50%, thats why I did 50% too.

Back
Top Bottom