Seedling help please

Prodigyy

Hello guys im attempting to grow some seedlings and I'm coming across some issues. I did a seedling grow a few months ago and everything turned out great but for some reason I'm stuck on this one. I'm trying feminine Cali Og strain which I did the whole paper towel method. Everything sprouted fine, although I think I left it in the paper towel one day too long and the sprouts were pretty big. Non the less I managed to soak some Rockwool ph"ed it to 5.6 and placed my sprouts in the germination try with humidity. 2 weeks later it seems like I'm not getting much progress since my seedlings grew some leafs but now they are flopping over and don't seem nearly as firm as they should be. I currently have 5 cups with coco coir and some perlite mixed. In a 50 watt blue led lights currently on a 24 he light period. If anyone could assist on helping me bring them back to life I would really appreciate it.
420-magazine-mobile1289108829.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1367135684.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2133573710.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1358360736.jpg

Yeah, either get your light closer or add more light.... you can always repot them down, bury half that stem..

So far after putting new lights I started to see a whole lot of growth however I've noticed that I believe I may have a bug issue? If so is pyrathin the best for it? If
420-magazine-mobile1252224939.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1445652615.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1434078209.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1606970670.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1179942800.jpg

They're looking better! :thumb:

Can you actually see any bugs? Like if you look closely at the top and bottom of the leaves (with a magnifying glass and bright light, ideally), can you see anything?

Maybe someone with bug expertise will chime in here.

If it was my grow, in the absence of creepy crawlies, I'd go into a "watchful waiting" phase, just taking excellent care of the plants and seeing what happens with new growth. (I hate spraying stuff on plants, even though pyrithrins (sp?) are derived from flowers and I used to dust them on my cat for his fleas back before more effective stuff came along.)

So what kind of lights do you have them under now?

Maybe someone with bug expertise will chime in here.

If it was my grow, in the absence of creepy crawlies, I'd go into a "watchful waiting" phase, just taking excellent care of the plants and seeing what happens with new growth. (I hate spraying stuff on plants, even though pyrithrins (sp?) are derived from flowers and I used to dust them on my cat for his fleas back before more effective stuff came along.)

So what kind of lights do you have them under now?

They're are currently under 2 led full spectrum I believe they are 540 Watts

So I was digging more and more and I found the fuckers! So my question is will pyrethin get rid of it? How did they even get there? I sprayed some pyrethin yesterday and I got a few soggy plants so I'm not sure if I sprayed too much or if it was the bugs? There was a lot of the bug and I picked most of them out but I'm sure they will come back. I'm scared to spray more of the pyrethin because I'm not sure if it will do more harm then good. Thanks and sorry for being everywhere with my questions
420-magazine-mobile1890908260.jpg

I'd suggest first following label directions.

Then bear in mind that you often have to keep spraying and spraying and spraying, first to get an infestation under control and then to keep it under control. You have to keep the pressure on by being consistent.

How did they even get there? Could it be the coco coir medium

Who can say? Insect eggs are tiny and transportable. ;)They could have come in from outside on your shirt or your shoe or maybe your potting soil wasn't sterilized properly (probably the best bet).

The coco I got was a big, dry, hard brick, so it didn't seem very biologically active, but you never know.

The best advice I have seen about indoor pests is keep everything as clean as possible. (For outdoor grows, you're in the hands of God. ;))

So I was digging more and more and I found the fuckers! So my question is will pyrethin get rid of it? How did they even get there? I sprayed some pyrethin yesterday and I got a few soggy plants so I'm not sure if I sprayed too much or if it was the bugs? There was a lot of the bug and I picked most of them out but I'm sure they will come back. I'm scared to spray more of the pyrethin because I'm not sure if it will do more harm then good. Thanks and sorry for being everywhere with my questions
420-magazine-mobile1890908260.jpg
I don't actually see anything in the image. Looks like a floor with a black spot. Plants need to breath so if you cover them too much they could suffocate. I suggest cold pressed neem bro but make sure you use fans to dry the plants after. Pyrethrin and neem is a powerful combination.

Oh shit, I'm a little more awake now. Is that a a caterpillar?

Yes a small one , there was a swarm of them dangling from some of my leaves so I managed to pluck most of them off, hopefully I also clipped some of the plants that were too far eaten so hopefully they new ones will grow in.

Yes a small one , there was a swarm of them dangling from some of my leaves so I managed to pluck most of them off, hopefully I also clipped some of the plants that were too far eaten so hopefully they new ones will grow in.
Any idea how they got in?

Back
Top Bottom