Help! Yellowing & no resistance leaf falloff - Bottom yellow leaves

vyserage

Hey guys, i've been having my bottom most leaves pull off with next to zero resistance (simply moving the plant around would make them fall off). They are also yellowish green! All my plants have been doing it so im not entirely sure whats going on! My pH of water in is usually 6.8-7.0 and comes out (runoff) in the ranges of 6.2-6.8. So i believe pH is good. PPM is usually near the 2000's and below, i never let it go much over 2k. Every time i water them weather with or without nutes i always add 1 tsp calmag to 1 gallon water. Each plant usually takes a full gallon of water before runoff, sometimes just slightly more.

In home grow. 2x vipar spectra 600watt lights hanging anywhere from 14' to 18'. The bottom leaves are shaded of course but even my nodes stem leaves has begun to yellow on the very bottom! (so far just 1 node bottom set of leaves has yellowed but looks like another set of leaves elsewhere might be starting to yellow). The nodes that are yellowing are ones i plan to chop off (very bottom ones that dont get much light) but if they are yellowing (newer growth), i have a problem!

I use miracle grow soil and its done the trick so far. I feed them foxfarm nutes every now and again only if the runoff ppm is down to a low 600. This is because that miracle soil after watering always has ppm go up from that time released nutes.

48x48x90 tent. 6 plants inside. The one thats been hit more than the others is plant #3 which is the one im currently talking about.

I should also note that i have underwatered them like 5x in a row. To the point where the plants were starting to collapse upon themselves or even a couple times where the shoots were falling over. The watering has been difficult to gauge since changing to flowering. Sometimes i have to water every 2 days, sometimes every 3 days, it use to be 5 days. This is probably from adding that 2nd grow light.

If you need more info i have my grow journal in progress. Here's a video to show what im talking about.

Vyserage's First Indoor Soil Grow - 2017

YouTube

(video may still be uploading)
20171026_093715.jpg
20171026_093722.jpg
20171028_191708.jpg

re: Help! Yellowing & no resistance leaf falloff - Bottom yellow leaves

I wouldn't sweat it. The leaves are low enough that dont get light so explains the pale yellowish. Everything else looks healthy. Start of flower theyre going to hit their stores of nitrogen in the fan leaves but sometimes it's much later hit them with some nitro if they're in the stretch then back off and focus on the phosphorus and potassium for flower. I hit mine with all bloom today around 700ppm no burns so far.

A hole in your grow is the potting mix. You have no idea when the neuts will time release, or really what they are. At some point you will have leached them out of the soil, but when? This isn't a criticism at all. You're doing great. You are going through a lot of effort to measure and care for your plants. Next time pick a grow medium that you have more control over. The other is PHing your water in at 6.5. As a general consensus that is normally what is done with that kind of medium. As a newbie I wouldn't stray from it. That's my two cents. :cheer::cheer:

Thanks illizm775 :)

Calvados, i 1000% agree with you. I learned of this while the soil was already being used and hated it since week 1. I have absolutely no control over my nutes and i already knew this could cause problems since i have no clue what those values are. I could have 90% nitro and 1 to 2's of everything else for all i know! (i know thats incredibly unlikely, just a example haha. I dont take it as criticism at all :) I'm very thankfull for all tips/comments! As you saw yourself, i do indeed take every possible step to ensure my first grow's success. I knew since week 1 that im doing everything i can as it should be done, except that soil. Nutes and soil are incredibly important and im sailing blind here with MG.

As for the time released nutes, i have a grasp on it. If you continue watering that MG soil the little beads (time released nutes) will decay down and release some nutes. Or atleast i think thats how its working cause i have no issues getting up to 2k when they get really low. However most of the time i pretty much let it get down to 600 and if when i go to water the plants and runoff is 600's or less, ill rewater with strong nute dose. This dose is good to bring it back up to like 800 runoff or more and by the time of next watering i water plain calmag water and its now in its 1600's or sometimes 1800's which is those time release. Hard to explain but its what i've learned from this MG. Sucks i dont know WHATS in that 1600-1800 tho lol. Thats why i always water calmag full dose every time.

Back
Top Bottom